The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Maschine/REAPER Integration Inquiry
Old 8th January 2017
Here for the gear

Maschine/REAPER Integration Inquiry

Greetings,

I've been searching for quite some time, trying to figure out the most effective route of utilizing Maschine and Reaper together. I had investigated multiple strategies, and I reached a point, where I was unsure of the best way to proceed. I would love hear the advice of any Maschine/Reapers users out there, as to their workflow preferences.

I have been using Maschine in standalone mode for years, essentially finishing projects completely before bouncing out audio to Reaper for mixing and minor arrangement changes. Naturally, I have now reached a point where my Maschine projects are becoming progressively larger, consuming an excessive amount of CPU. Now, I am constantly inhibited by audio dropouts/glitching that prevent me from finishing projects in Maschine like I had done for years. After changing latency settings, maxing out RAM, installing a dual-SSD/HD, optimizing performance, new interface, conserving plugins etc., I am now faced with the decision of how to go about adapting my workflow.

I would like the ability to utilize Reaper's linear arrangement for mixing/automation, as it is more ideal than in Maschine's standalone, but while still preserving the main functionality of Maschine standalone mode (sampler, patterns, scenes, fx etc.). In your experience, any suggestions?

Specs:
MacBook Pro late-2011, 2.4 GHz Core i5, OS X 10.11
Reaper 5.3
NI Maschine 2.5

Greatly appreciate your help.

Andrew
Old 8th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandrew View Post
Greetings,

I've been searching for quite some time, trying to figure out the most effective route of utilizing Maschine and Reaper together. I had investigated multiple strategies, and I reached a point, where I was unsure of the best way to proceed. I would love hear the advice of any Maschine/Reapers users out there, as to their workflow preferences.

I have been using Maschine in standalone mode for years, essentially finishing projects completely before bouncing out audio to Reaper for mixing and minor arrangement changes. Naturally, I have now reached a point where my Maschine projects are becoming progressively larger, consuming an excessive amount of CPU. Now, I am constantly inhibited by audio dropouts/glitching that prevent me from finishing projects in Maschine like I had done for years. After changing latency settings, maxing out RAM, installing a dual-SSD/HD, optimizing performance, new interface, conserving plugins etc., I am now faced with the decision of how to go about adapting my workflow.

I would like the ability to utilize Reaper's linear arrangement for mixing/automation, as it is more ideal than in Maschine's standalone, but while still preserving the main functionality of Maschine standalone mode (sampler, patterns, scenes, fx etc.). In your experience, any suggestions?

Specs:
MacBook Pro late-2011, 2.4 GHz Core i5, OS X 10.11
Reaper 5.3
NI Maschine 2.5

Greatly appreciate your help.

Andrew
maybe this will help

Using Native Instruments Maschine as a VST in REAPER – The REAPER Blog
Old 8th January 2017
Here for the gear

Thanks for the response! I had looked into this strategy, but however, appears that I would lose important Maschine standalone functionality by being in Midi Control mode. My post is a bit vague, I apologize...but in essence, I would like to be able to build my track utilizing all of Maschine's functions, but arrange my project completely in Reaper.
Old 7th March 2018
Here for the gear

I'm at the same cross roads also. Now that I am composing more and less sampling my cpu is getting hammered.

I'm thinking load maschine into reaper as a vst. Make my melody or drum pattern and edit midi in maschine. Then record the audio into reaper. So I'll have to commit to what I am doing no going back changing midi. Then add another layer like you would in maschine then print to a new track in reaper. This is very similar to how illmind produces in protools working with audio then deleting all the midi.
Old 7th March 2018
Lives for gear

There's no deep integration between Maschine and Reaper unfortunately (like there is for Live, for example).
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I would just use Maschine as a VST inside Reaper especially if you need a better linear arrangement option... while the plugin takes a while to get to work as intended inside Reaper, it's pretty great overall.... OP, curious to see, a few years later, how and if you've been integrating Maschine and Reaper.... happy to help, if I can!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search