The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The ultimate soft synth in a beautiful red case. No doubt, computers have become a natural part of today’s music production. The process of editing sounds and sequences is so much easier from a computer screen. Still keyboard players have the need for portable instruments. Nord Modular G2 offers you the best of both worlds and provides an effective solution for the working musician. While remaining true to the traditional modular synthesis concept it manages to go where no modular synthesizer has ever gone before. THE BEST OF TWO WORLDS The G2 concept is based on a stand alone hardware keyboard with a freely configurable sound synthesis architecture and a software user interface (Editor) made for Mac OSX and PC. The sound engine in the G2 synthesizer runs on a group of digital signal processors (DSP’s), together with high resolution AD and DA converters. A G2 sound is named a Patch and is made with virtual modules and cables. Simply ‘drag & drop’ modules and cables directly on the computer screen to create your own G2 sounds. A Patch can be modeled after an existing synth or it can be the synthesizer of your dreams.

Discussions

Top 5 Digital Synthesizers

Mine are (in no specific order): 1) Nord Modular G2 2) Yamaha FS1R 3) Waldorf Microwave XT 4) Korg Wavestation (I buying another one to replace the one I sold) 5) Still undecided between Roland D50 and JD800 (love the sound but haven't used them) I've tried to leave VA's out of this, but I'm really enjoying my new Nord...

View Post

Ultimate Keybed Thread(models and manufacturers listed)

...TP/100 Nord Electro 4 HP: Fatar TP/100LR Nordlead 1,2(x),4, A1 (49): Fatar TP/7BA Nordlead 3 (49): Fatar TP/9S, gewichtet NordWave (49): Fatar TP/9S, ungewichtet Nord Modular G2 (37): Fatar TP/9S Nord Piano 2: Fatar TP/40GH Nord Stage 2 88: Fatar TP/40 (von Clavia modifiziert) Dave Smith Instruments Mopho Keyboard: Fatar TP/9S, stärker gewichtet Mopho X4: Fatar TP/9S, leichter gewichtet Poly Evolver Keyboard: Fatar TP/9S, stärker...

View Post

Hardware synths with cool random functions

Although some synths rarely yield interesting results from simple patch randomization, I think it relates more to the synths than the randomizer. For simple synths, I think it's pretty pointless, but I often enjoy random patches for synths with well featured modulation options, like the Pulse (original in my case). ... and still as good as...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?