The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Single stage mic preamp for the 500 series format. The VP26 preamp is essentially an exact recreation of the legendary preamp circuit found in the vintage API consoles of the mid to late '70's.

Discussions

The Official CAPI Re-Boot thread…..

...& a 70's API 525 Compressor (the one with the old buttons. I am looking to either get a VP26 w/ Red dot for more flavour or another VP25 so I can do stereo miking for things like Overheads etc.. Here in lies the rub, if the VP26 is a more coloured sounding channel...

View Post

What DIY designs stand up to the big boys?

...and a boombox) 500 series interested me mostly due to cost. I started investigating some options for colored mic pres and VP26 kept surfacing. I bought a pair of CAPI VP 26 w gar2520. This is two years ago and they still get daily use. I bought pair of VP 28's last April and again,...

View Post

searching for a 500 series acoustic guitar preamp in the vein of...

Consider CAPI, I have a VP26 with 1731 op amp so its like a punchy neve to me, which I prefer on acoustic guitar unless you're trying to actually tame it. Depends on how good the acoustic guitar player is, I'd love to put a CAPI on David Rawlings

View Post