The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A Question for all of You.......
Old 27th November 2005
Gear Head

A Question for all of You.......

All of you gentlemen have in one way or another have helped to shape modern recorded music as we all know it. Without trying to sound like my father, I truly feel that the majority of the music I hear as well as a large percentage of clients walking into studio today have very litte to offer. Without the politically correct stock responses, do you all miss the good 'ol days?
Old 28th November 2005
Gear interested

What I really miss the most is the interaction we had with one another when we'd work at a commercial studio. I spend much time in my own place and not enough elsewhere.

Els
Old 28th November 2005
gml
Gear Nut

yeah

i agree with Elliot. having alot of contact with what's going on in the other rooms - if not around town - was a big plus. i mean, there was a music scene in Los Angeles that was a gas to be a part of. i remember Doug Sax and i had dinner with each other...and somebody cool every Thursday night at Musso's for...what? maybe four years?? i remember running into Lukather at The Baked Potato on just some weeknight - he was dating (yeah, sure) Lita Ford, and at one point i looked over and he was rocking so hard (at a table) that he had leaned into a candle and caught his hair on fire. geez...don't get me started.

you know, while you're at it...what i miss more than anything else? i miss just working on music, for godsake. just hanging with musicians and figuring out what the hell to do. what the F**Kis it when all we talk about is gear...gear...and more gear???

George

Last edited by gml; 28th November 2005 at 03:38 AM.. Reason: more thoughts
Old 28th November 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
you know, while you're at it...what i miss more than anything else? i miss just working on music, for godsake. just hanging with musicians and figuring out what the hell to do. what the F**Kis it when all we talk about is gear...gear...and more gear???
Boy .
Old 28th November 2005
Lives for gear

Unfortunately George, not all of us know how to make our own badass gear, but I'd imagine I could get pretty tired of talking about it too if that were the case Keep up the good work.
Old 28th November 2005
Gear Head

So very true! Great replies!

thumbsup
Old 28th November 2005
Lives for gear

heh
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search