The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Question for Ed Cherney on Jann Arden's CD
Old 22nd November 2005
Lives for gear

Question for Ed Cherney on Jann Arden's CD

I haven't seen any questions to Mr. Cherney so I hope he has joined us.

I have always loved the Jann Arden's CDs you have done. Beautiful seperation and depth. At least on one there is a credit for a Stereo enhancer or synthesizer. Pardon me if I am not entirely correct as I don't have the CD in front of me and its all from memory.

The mix did have an unusual "stereo" or more depth than usual mixes and that made me look at the credits.

I remember finding the company that made the product but could not find it in their line.

Just wondering if you are still using it and where I can find one. Thanks.

Jim
Old 22nd November 2005
Gear addict

Stereo enhancer

Desper products 'Spatializer'...?
Old 23rd November 2005
Lives for gear

Yes! Thats it! But I am having the same trouble locating the actual system used for recording. I remember at some point years ago I had found it and it cost around $6,000.00 but an L.A. rental company had one. I don't see anything for Pre recording.

Jim
Old 23rd November 2005
Lives for gear

I have one and still use it at times. Great box but they don't make them anymore. I don't know if there was a copyright issue or if there wasn't a bigger market for them. Great box with an 8 joystick remote and a 2 rackspace main box. I keep thinking about selling it but I know if I do I will never find one again.......

I also would like to know if Ed is still using his?

Michael Greene
Old 28th November 2005
Guest Moderator

Hi all,
Yes, the Spatializer.....I keep forgetting that I have a couple of those. I haven't been using it lately, most likely because I forgot that I had a couple. I think you can still find them....they also made a single rack space unit. At that time, I was certainly experimenting with depth and dynamics and trying to get the music outside of the speaker plane.....As I started doing more surround projects, there are obviously better ways to do that.......and as far as stereo mixes, I am now most likely trying to just get my **** as loud as the other kids. Glad you like those Jann records.....I really loved working with her and being able to hire the musicioans of choice, go into a great sounding studio and just hashing out the songs. Creatively, it was really rewarding for all of us. Unfortunately, as our business has shrunk, the only way for her to continue to have a recording career is for her to work at home....
ed c
Old 28th November 2005
Lives for gear

I love Jann's music.

She has done some of the most heartbreakingly honest songs...the Jackson Browne duet (Unloved) still haunts me.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search