The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
george - process and workflow
Old 14th November 2005
Gear maniac

george - process and workflow

Hey, George.
Many thanks for doing this.

Could you shed some light on how your sessions usually flow when you're cutting a record? ie, specifically, i'm interested in how much time you devote for setting up and getting sounds. To get the incredible detail and nuances that you always seem to capture in your work, do you labor extensively over every sound? If so, do your artist ever grow impatient with you?
Old 14th November 2005
gml
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbox
Hey, George.
Many thanks for doing this.

Could you shed some light on how your sessions usually flow when you're cutting a record? ie, specifically, i'm interested in how much time you devote for setting up and getting sounds. To get the incredible detail and nuances that you always seem to capture in your work, do you labor extensively over every sound? If so, do your artist ever grow impatient with you?
So many questions...so little time. I don't have a fixed program when I start a record. But I'll always try to do some kind of pre-production...listening to alot of songs, figuring out the record...the mix of songs, who should play what, how to approach the tracks & etc.

Once I do what I do with designing and building electronics and systems, I'll walk into the studio and forget about everything except the artist and the tune. Whatever detail and nuances you hear are due more to protecting that thing that you hear live throughout the process. So many outsiders (which includes most record company a&r guys) wish music ill and will do everything to **** it up.

George
Old 14th November 2005
Gear maniac

cool.

So you just kind of "go for it" huh? Using instinct and gut feelings?
Old 15th November 2005
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbox
cool.

So you just kind of "go for it" huh? Using instinct and gut feelings?
And years and years of experience...
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search