The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
For Al: Benson Breezin'
Old 12th November 2005
Lives for gear

For Al: Benson Breezin'

This is one of my favorite albums!

I recall an interview that was in the old REP Magazine. It was a great article... you mentioned how "big" the strings sounded though they were recorded in a small room with low ceilings. The trademark vocal intro was actually a scratch track on a random EV mic!!! You also talked about setting up the other musicians in a circle around a platform you had built for Harvey Mason.

You were talking about the cymbals and remarking about the way they cut thru... and that you had "two Sonys on them". Can you remember which mics and how they were positioned?

Thanks!
Old 13th November 2005
Lives for gear

I must agree... it's one of my favorite records of all time. It completely changed the way I play the guitar. I always thought it sounded great too, but I just recently found out that Al engineered since I couldn't find the liner notes anywhere. Truly a great sounding record.
Old 14th November 2005
Gear Head

yes great playing on a great album
Old 14th November 2005
Gear nut

I've been listening to this album quite a bit over the past year and I think it's fantastic sounding and such a great album. Any info on it would be awesome, particularly the strings and guitar I guess.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search