The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
To GM: release versions of the 8200 Equalisers (HW)
Old 11th November 2005
Gear nut

To GM: release versions of the 8200

Hello George,

Are there any differences in the audio path in the various 8200 releases? I cannot find anything on that on your site. Or are the differences only functional, like toggle switches versus push buttons? Has there been any mods to them (or other gear you design) since the cooperation with Manley?

Thank You
Old 12th November 2005
gml
Gear Nut

minor differences...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local 47
Hello George,

Are there any differences in the audio path in the various 8200 releases? I cannot find anything on that on your site. Or are the differences only functional, like toggle switches versus push buttons? Has there been any mods to them (or other gear you design) since the cooperation with Manley?

Thank You
Over the years the internal design of the 8200 has changed only once. Around 1988 we changed from an internal architecture where we used monolithic op-amps as feedback amplifiers around the main "equalizer amp" stage to one where we used the same discrete amps that we use everywhere else. I thought I could hear a difference, and it was better.

Otherwise, it's only been keeping up with potentiometer and other parts manufacturers obsoleting things from time to time.

George

Last edited by gml; 14th November 2005 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: misspelling
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search