The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Question for Elliot
Old 11th November 2005
Gear Head

Question for Elliot

Hi Elliot. Huge fan of your work and thank you so much for engaging us this month!

I am a huge Eagles fan, and I just saw them at Staples for the first time. The thing that struck me was that there was that classic Eagles harmony sound, but there were now like 7 or 8 people singing to get that sound! I was wondering when you record them, is it just the actual members singing or do they add other session singers?

Also, what mics do you choose, and what technique-i.e. do you record Henley, Frey and the rest around a mic for the backgrounds, or one at a time?

I was also wondering what your fave pre's are on Henley & Frey's vox?

Thanks again Elliot-we all appreciate it.
Old 26th November 2005
Gear interested

Hi....All the Eagles BG's on record were always doubled so the extra guys on stage perforn that function. Unfortunately I've only done the last two live records with them so I can't give you any info about their studio recordings. I am however going in with them in January to work on a studio record so I'll let you know what happens.

Els
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search