The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Chandler Limited TG2 Pre Amp/DI is a recreation of the rare EMI TG12428 pre amp used in EMI/Abbey Road recording and mastering consoles in the late 60s and early 70s. The sound was used on many famous recordings done at Abbey Road including The Beatles “Abbey Road” and Pink Floyd “Dark Side of the Moon.” This microphone pre-amplifier features the same discrete transformer balanced amplifiers as the TG series limiter and offers a creamy, smooth tone with a surprisingly open, clear top end. The sound, as explained by many users, has “warmth” and punch, but with a “beautiful” expanded top end. In fact the unit does have a small rise in its top end frequency response and some warmth inducing distortion which contribute to its sound. Options: Stepped Output (Stereo) All TG units require and function on the PSU-1, Chandler Limited power supply. The PSU-1 has an internal switch for setting voltage to 120V or 220V (115V/230V). Abbey Road Studios, EMI and TG and their associated logos are trade marks of EMI (IP) Limited.

Discussions

Chandler TG2, Purple BIZ, Avedis ma5, API 3124 or CAPI FD312 with AEA R88(oh's/rooms)

Ofcourse I'll use my ears but untill I've actually got the R88 it won't harm asking for people's experience :) I don't think of the API 3124+ or Purple BIZ as "coloured" pre's as compared to the Chandler TG2 for instance.

View Post

Chandler Limited introduces TG Microphone Cassette

...set in a modern context, combines its highly acclaimed historic EMI/Abbey Road Studios series - TG1 Limiter, TG2 Pre Amp/DI and TG12345 Curve Bender EQ, into the ultimate TG Microphone Cassette. The Chandler Limited TG Microphone Cassette delivers the historic TG sound with modern conveniences, flexibility, and something new - the TG1 Opto Limiter. The...

View Post

Preamp question

...is not good enough... that said, I imagine you'd be pretty happy with a BAE 1073 amp, or a Chandler TG-2 (not a neve 'clone' but a similarly creaming sounding {to my ears} SS discrete class A mic amp with a sweet ass tone control (fine gain*) or probably any number of other...

View Post

Video Guides