The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Sampler keyboard with 8 voice polyphony. The sampler itself is 16-bit, 9kHz - 36kHz variable sample rate; It offers a sample-time of 58 seconds max. at 9kHz and 14.5 seconds at 36kHz. It's internal memory was 1 Mb, expandable to 2 Mb, and it had a 3.5" Floppy Disk drive to load sounds. The FZ-1 also has a built-in synthesizer section. It uses digital synthesis employing both harmonic additive synthesis and waveform drawing. Basic waveforms available include sawtooth, square, pulse, double sine, saw/pulse, random waves and 48 harmonics. The filter is an 8 stage digitally controlled filter (DCF) it had digital envelopes to control the VCA. The keyboard is 61 key, velocity sensitive and offers aftertouch. The keyboard was also sold under the Hohner trade name in Germany. The FZ-10m is basically the same but then in 19" rack form.

Discussions

Casio FZ1 Questions.

Wow, thanks for reminding me! I have an FZ-1 in the closet waiting for years for me to get back to it! Soon moving to new home, will be setting up studio in a larger room and should have room for FZ-1 in there. Something to look forward to! (hope...

View Post

Electronic music in the age of entitlement

...memory card. Oh well use it anyways because nobody is going to give a crap anyway. Damn my Casio FZ-1 rotates its voices through its individual outputs randomly making them almost useless for recording anything. And the disc drive takes Forever to load 30 seconds of samples! Oh well use it anyways because nobody is going to...

View Post

Tr-909 X2 vs. TR-8 VS. TR-09

i think he used a Casio FZ-1 sampler?

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides