The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Career / Work

Sponsored ByWorking Class Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

So it's 2018, what are your rates today for project studio work? Not overnight or with points rates.... I am talking about the...

not_so_new
replies: 24 views: 911
Rob Coates 22 hours ago

Hi Folks, The title says it all really. I'm interested to know what the legalities are with regard to making money using...

Industry
replies: 3 views: 208
psycho_monkey 2 days ago

I can't find a suitable sub-forum. What would be the best way of getting a good manager?

vintagetones
replies: 2 views: 274
3rd Degree 2 days ago

I ask this because I was recently asked by a friend to mix his record. I usually don't mix for clients (I write and produce). I...

jkung
replies: 19 views: 1,014
Doc Mixwell 2 days ago

Hi. I have a serious music project (a rock band) for which I have settled on a mixing budget around $1000 dollars per song when...

JJT
replies: 3 views: 365
psycho_monkey 4 days ago

Hi there, I just wanted to know what is the price per hour or per day for sound engineer / producer these days? A band hired me...

OddJohn
replies: 0 views: 212
OddJohn 5 days ago

Hey guys, I've developed something new that shows musicians how to get paid gigs without management or a social media presence....

playmoregigs
replies: 0 views: 197
playmoregigs 1 week ago

I've been working on a project with this soul band. 9 people in the band, full horn section, everyone also sings. Needless to say...

godofmetalguita
replies: 9 views: 1,028
chrisso 1 week ago

What should I pay a vocalist? EDIT: I want to pay per song not per hour.

memristor
replies: 9 views: 325
hughshouse 1 week ago

Hi there, I've been making music for 3 years now. I make electronic music, along the lines of Flying Lotus, Radiohead, Lorn......

Aphotik
replies: 6 views: 899
Captain 8 1 week ago

I know that this is somewhat an almost unanswerable question for the most part as it is amount of quality gear as well as...

Bobo09
replies: 67 views: 21,973
hughshouse 1 week ago

I am in the process of compiling a demo portfolio of my tracks for various purposes. I wonder how much music is too much, atm...

memristor
replies: 1 views: 257
memristor 2 weeks ago

Hi, i am increasing my hourly rate in my studio hourly rate by 20%. I have 3 albums running at present. Some of the...

tablatom
replies: 7 views: 477
12ax7 2 weeks ago

Hello guys. I'm in process of making a separate site with my own music and I want to know which tools are the best for its...

Radiowave
replies: 1 views: 250
Seras 2 weeks ago

Hey guys! All my stars have aligned and after years of acquiring gear, working multiple jobs, interning, networking and...

lewiswundenberg
replies: 13 views: 1,025
psycho_monkey 2 weeks ago

Hi, I happen to have some freelance jobs recently but my online presence is quite a mess. I bought a domain name a few years...

AKM
replies: 16 views: 1,308
Brook888 3 weeks ago

I mean in my country there are bands that still mix their songs like in the old day, muddy, unclear without balance. Why this...

spuogis
replies: 1 views: 300
rhythmtech 3 weeks ago

My studio was vandalized by some strangers, I don't know what they got out of it. The entire place was in a mess. They haven't...

Karlin
replies: 8 views: 656
Anne Flemmings 3 weeks ago

I'm looking for an online booking system that would allow to book days and would clearly display available slots in the calendar...

jacko
replies: 4 views: 502
lewiswundenberg 21st January 2018

Studio owners and operators, do you charge extra for certain services and/or equipment and if so, what services and gear and what...

Crazy4Jazz
replies: 17 views: 854
12tone 14th January 2018

Does anyone know of any mixing contests happening this year? I didn't see much in a google search except for the Dave...

shudock
replies: 1 views: 403
Henrik Hjortnaes 13th January 2018

Hey slutz I’m thinking of renting out some of my vintage gear but wanted to get some feedback from anyone in the business....

S_A_P
replies: 10 views: 636
S_A_P 13th January 2018

Hi Guys, I wrote this book a while back, and have sold it for ~$20, but recently decided to give it away for free for a while....

John Suitcase
replies: 0 views: 369
John Suitcase 12th January 2018

Hi there! I'm starting to get some clients as a beginning mixing engineer. And use e-mail to send my clients the 1st draft....

Afroham
replies: 17 views: 956
Noisewagon 4th January 2018

I was searching to see if any new studios had cropped up in my area (South San Francisco Bay area) and found several studios with...

TexaCali
replies: 57 views: 2,438
wildplum 3rd January 2018

I'm just getting back into gigging again after 13 years off the road. I tried song writing, but I'm itching to play live...

Totigerus
replies: 0 views: 387
Totigerus 31st December 2017

Hey guys, this is my first official post on GS and I'm very happy to be here!!! My question is, am I too old (25 years old) to...

Shannon_McCarthy
replies: 25 views: 1,362
wetwest 27th December 2017

OK, so I edited the previous thread topic (Professional Goals for 2018) to better serve the interest of forum-ites: UFOs in the...

americanbison
replies: 0 views: 490
americanbison 26th December 2017

Hi there, I currently live in Sheffield and Manchester in England at different points in the year and I've done a decent amount...

Jack_Goodison
replies: 3 views: 691
psycho_monkey 23rd December 2017

Hi I've had a recording studio for the past 17 years and have made the decision to start a indie record label. I'm pretty new...

bamb00
replies: 29 views: 1,391
wetwest 13th December 2017

Tell your inspiring stories Shine the light Show us how you stuck it to the man:cowbell:

mc_deli
replies: 34 views: 3,413
VenVile 13th December 2017

I know graphic designers and visual artists, but through working with some of them, I've come to realize that limitations and...

Polymorphia
replies: 5 views: 477
Godson 12th December 2017

Let's say I mix and master someone's track. Sure I can send it to them with a watermark in the background but that kind of takes...

busystarter
replies: 3 views: 596
busystarter 3rd December 2017

Hello, i have been into audio since the mid 70's, im 53yrs old and planning to retire with a pension and healthcare in 2yrs (...

kgveteran
replies: 2 views: 484
kgveteran 3rd December 2017

The Beatles, Beach Boys, George Michael, Bee Gees, Michael Jackson, Phil Collins, Bruno Mars, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, The...

waynetrain96
replies: 3 views: 508
YupeYule 28th November 2017

Hello , I don't know if this is the correct place to post this But I'm a beginner trance producer , I made a trance track , a...

MikeZero
replies: 2 views: 845
TJT 27th November 2017

Okay so maybe not the most incredible achievement in the world but before I've even finished my degree, I've already got...

DeltaCharlieEcho
replies: 1 views: 644
livingloud 8th November 2017

SO I know most of us have been there. Wether you're a producer, assistant engineer, intern, etc. A band gets booked that has...

ConquestPro
replies: 10 views: 818
MontyMakesMusic 1st November 2017

Hey whats up guys! Hope everyone is doing well. My question for everyone is what should I do as a 20 year old to get into the...

Hubiverse
replies: 3 views: 865
Jason Sheesley 1st November 2017

Hello all. I am looking into setting up a medium to smallish recording studio in the North East of UK and I need to create a...

Nick Adams
replies: 29 views: 29,103
EvilRoy 1st November 2017

Hey guys, I'm moving into the Studio Manager position here at a local studio and am wanting to be able to keep track of...

ScottBrio
replies: 2 views: 636
Joao B. 30th October 2017

I've had this discussion with many engineers and producers and would love your input. Some like to be generalists and dabble in...

rinaldisound
replies: 3 views: 794
JusGolden 29th October 2017
replies: 0 views: 490
DavidKmusic 27th October 2017

Hi Question about a indie label recording contract. Under the clause "TERM". The Artist' obligation to perform...

bamb00
replies: 6 views: 682
cdruzeta 27th October 2017

I talked to Robert Dudzic about his work as a sound designer. Nerdy talk about sampling, recording, processing. And of course we...

mickbenjamins
replies: 3 views: 585
mickbenjamins 23rd October 2017

Hi fellow slutz, I am thinking of hiring a singer via Soundbetter for one of my productions. Has anyone of you done so...

CKONE
replies: 4 views: 936
bgood 14th October 2017

How are studios managing/handling the insurance angle with freelance engineers? I've had some freelance guys working in my...

RyanC
replies: 2 views: 537
RyanC 7th October 2017

Hi, I have been creating music production tracks which have been used in TV shows as background, but consider myself a...

Bklyn88
replies: 0 views: 437
Bklyn88 28th September 2017

Hello! I would like to begin offering drum MIDI editing/programming/composing services, but I have very little knowledge on where...

xaviersykora
replies: 1 views: 678
Miles Harding 10th September 2017

Hey guys, I'm doing a survey as part of my research for my masters thesis. If you could spare a few minutes of your time and take...

kholland65
replies: 1 views: 493
Zargg 31st August 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search