The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Sponsored By Working Class Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi We are currently dealing with a client that wont accept our rates. It would be great to have some opinions if someone have...

musicmixer04
replies: 28 views: 592
deedeeyeah 5 days ago

Its been 6 years. I played the guitar last week however. MY job and beer drinking and a sick business partner has sank my...

Jaybird
replies: 2 views: 277
VIVID_ECHO 1 week ago

well my divorce is final today. 2nd wife no kids total shock. I sold pretty much all of my gear. except tele amp and a couple...

boomer81
replies: 0 views: 226
boomer81 2 weeks ago
replies: 1 views: 238
RyanC 2 weeks ago

To record a track for them. I kept hearing that this was something that would happen eventually. Only 25,950 bucks to go and...

Dlane
replies: 5 views: 629
jerry123 2 weeks ago

Hi folks, new here. This is a bit of a random one and looking for advice from the community here. I work freelance after leaving...

Bojangle
replies: 4 views: 611
Bojangle 3 weeks ago

Hello I wonder if someone here working for SoundBetter.com? Just wonder how high the commission fee is (I heard it's about 20% of...

owhsinchu
replies: 11 views: 1,285
Progger 3 weeks ago

Anyone who has spent time in this industry has become deeply (and unfortunately) acquainted with everything that can possibly go...

peterashermusic
replies: 8 views: 964
peterashermusic 3 weeks ago

Hi guys, Not sure if this is allowed, but i need to try! I am about to leave my corporate sales director job because i want...

Avos88
replies: 0 views: 136
Avos88 3 weeks ago

I'm doing my second year of my musicology bachelors and I have a course in studio production. My initial thought about the...

Jam Solo
replies: 1 views: 584
pencilextremist 4 weeks ago

I just finished initial tracking for a long funk song with some jam segments. Once done this song will be over 11 minutes long. ...

Nosajjao
replies: 3 views: 388

Hi guys I'm new to posting on these forums, but I've been reading the gearslutz forums for years n years now. Strange that I only...

hiphopasia
replies: 43 views: 16,666

Hi folks, Could anyone help me find out what studio is shown on this picture? I believe it is on...

bullekeffdaone
replies: 2 views: 761
theillusionist 4 weeks ago

Any advice on advancing one's career as a tracking/mixing engineer? I've spent the last few years slowly growing a small client...

wyattoberholzer
replies: 1 views: 755
wyattoberholzer 4 weeks ago

I'm finally at a place where i experience that i'm able to write pop music that i'm really satisfied with and that i believe...

thinkingettin
replies: 14 views: 762
poserp 16th September 2019

Anyway I have a friend that need to record something for a old folks home. There is a holiday coming up and I am going to have...

spektor
replies: 3 views: 545
drBill 13th September 2019

Hello internet! I’ve been asked to do a traveling recording gig (2.5 days, 2 hours from home). It’s a full band tracking...

jrumsey
replies: 1 views: 413
CJ Mastering 12th September 2019

Recommendations for free or one-time fee alternatives to distrokid that also have automatic payment splitting, e.g. for collabs?...

connorhawke
replies: 0 views: 359
connorhawke 10th September 2019

cdbaby advertises a lot about their music licensing program, but has anyone here actually done business with them rather than...

dchalfon
replies: 0 views: 610
dchalfon 7th September 2019
replies: - views: -
12tone 30th August 2019

Do any of you guys have a day rate that slides according to the work performed? For example a vocalist session is less than an...

Saxplayerz
replies: 1 views: 571
Nick Franklin 28th August 2019

Hello, Despite all the warnings I want to pursue a career in the music industry. After I finished school two years ago, I...

Fiedelfinn
replies: 5 views: 790
telecode 23rd August 2019

It has been a strange summer. For all of May and June we were extremely busy and even into July we were booked. Comes August...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 3 views: 1,036
Nick Franklin 23rd August 2019

I tried asking at least 2 of these things or similar to them on the copyright.gov support page and I was supposed to wait 5 days...

tristanbay
replies: 0 views: 643
tristanbay 16th August 2019

Hello guys !!! I've been doing this mixing thing for almost 20 years, it's been 17 years since my first mix was released, and...

JanZoo
replies: 12 views: 647
cat alley 10th August 2019

After reading the "fake clients" and some of the mention of clients sabotaging themselves with self-doubt, I wanted to...

wilkinswp
replies: 70 views: 7,099
BIG BUDDHA 9th August 2019

In 2019 I live from solely mastering (which I have been for 10 years, 10 years prior to that working professionally as head...

SASMastering
replies: 86 views: 2,686
SASMastering 8th August 2019

Hey guys and gals, how do you go about pitching your songs to artists/producers/record labels/etc.? Over the years, I've written...

ModernGlitch
replies: 7 views: 777
bgood 8th August 2019

Looking to book someone for 1 hour to do a few quick demos. Anyone here who’s done pop songs available? Please message me.

Circulate
replies: 0 views: 460
Circulate 7th August 2019

Good day, all - What are thoughts on taking checks (personal or other) as payment for services (studio, producer, recording,...

Presocratic
replies: 30 views: 947
Jason Sheesley 5th August 2019

The threads I could find on this topic are quite old, I'm curious what people have to say on this topic in 2018. I'm looking for...

throwaway2018
replies: 15 views: 1,728
JQG 3rd August 2019

Hi! I want to create an online mixing and mastering service, to make it easier for clients to get the service they want, where...

ampar
replies: 3 views: 1,249
Synth Guru 29th July 2019

Hi all, I’m at a stage where I need a dedicated space to work. Up until now I have used the entire downstairs (open plan...

The Beatsmith
replies: 0 views: 1,132
The Beatsmith 27th July 2019

Hello, Gearslutzers! We all know that going up to bands or fellow engineers after a gig to introduce yourself can be terrifying....

Sockerjam
replies: 3 views: 736
psycho_monkey 26th July 2019

So, without even thinking about numbers, how would you percentagewise divide a budget right away, between recording, mixing,...

sfilipee
replies: 8 views: 1,007
psycho_monkey 26th July 2019

Hi all, My album will release in 2 weeks. I've got it up (privately) on Bandcamp and was preparing to send out invite codes to...

Romdave
replies: 3 views: 589
rockstrdchk 25th July 2019

The economy is cooking along and wages are going up, so people are gonna be spending more, but are they gonna buy more equipmemt...

Jeffguitar
replies: 24 views: 1,158
vintagelove 19th July 2019

Hey y’all Any studio musicians and/or singers active on soundbetter? Is it a good resource? Get a lot of work through...

bgood
replies: 2 views: 788
bgood 10th July 2019

I've been in the music studio business (primarily rehearsals and recording) for almost 26 years now. Time flies... Over the last...

Bank Studios
replies: 4 views: 724
Bank Studios 10th July 2019

Hi, For those of you who print custom stickers for your advertising/promotion, have you found a good online company that is...

Romdave
replies: 1 views: 669
ccg 4th July 2019

Ive been making music for a while, its eclectic, both urban and house/edm, done a couple of remixes in the past. besides that...

Ritmo
replies: 1 views: 660
Snoggin 29th June 2019

Hello guys, I am starting to strongly consider writing out and apply for a Mix engineer assistant job. But before I start...

snowman94
replies: 2 views: 732
snowman94 29th June 2019

I'm about to move into a new house. More than enough space for the two of us, and I'm excited to make it usable as an occasional...

pemberley
replies: 6 views: 784
psycho_monkey 27th June 2019

Hey guys! All my stars have aligned and after years of acquiring gear, working multiple jobs, interning, networking and...

lewiswundenberg
replies: 19 views: 2,344
S_mask 27th June 2019

I'm going live with the below video tomorrow and implementing the plan for 2019. Call it harebrained or a social experiment, but...

andersmv
replies: 17 views: 1,609
andersmv 26th June 2019

So I’m leaving CDBaby for a few reasons, and I gave amuse a shot but they’re making it more difficult than necessary. For...

connorhawke
replies: 2 views: 653
connorhawke 22nd June 2019

Not counting your day job, how much did you make from music last year and how much did you spend on gear, advertising, touring,...

joe sixpak
replies: 4 views: 1,224
10pints 22nd June 2019

Slightly breaking our own cross posting rules here, but this is important and something many of us have been crying out...

psycho_monkey
replies: 0 views: 601
psycho_monkey 17th June 2019

Hey there, I'm from Iran and I`m planning to emigrate. I`ve been working in music industry for about 10 years and I want to...

D A N T E
replies: 6 views: 1,401
voodoo4u 12th June 2019

Hi Gearslutzers! Finding enough time in a day can hard, especially if you are trying to balance multiple projects or things to...

Sockerjam
replies: 2 views: 723
Sockerjam 10th June 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search