The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Sponsored ByWorking Class Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

In 2019 I live from solely mastering (which I have been for 10 years, 10 years prior to that working professionally as head...

SASMastering
replies: 24 views: 975
Preston135 5 hours ago

The economy is cooking along and wages are going up, so people are gonna be spending more, but are they gonna buy more equipmemt...

Jeffguitar
replies: 24 views: 789
vintagelove 2 days ago

Anyone who has spent time in this industry has become deeply (and unfortunately) acquainted with everything that can possibly go...

peterashermusic
replies: 2 views: 473
peterashermusic 5 days ago

Hello I wonder if someone here working for SoundBetter.com? Just wonder how high the commission fee is (I heard it's about 20% of...

owhsinchu
replies: 6 views: 600
Progger 1 week ago

Hey y’all Any studio musicians and/or singers active on soundbetter? Is it a good resource? Get a lot of work through...

bgood
replies: 2 views: 492
bgood 1 week ago

I've been in the music studio business (primarily rehearsals and recording) for almost 26 years now. Time flies... Over the last...

Bank Studios
replies: 4 views: 447
Bank Studios 1 week ago

So, without even thinking about numbers, how would you percentagewise divide a budget right away, between recording, mixing,...

sfilipee
replies: 7 views: 647
gwlee7 2 weeks ago

Hi, For those of you who print custom stickers for your advertising/promotion, have you found a good online company that is...

Romdave
replies: 1 views: 421
ccg 2 weeks ago

Ive been making music as a hobby, Its eclectic, both urban and house/edm, done a couple of remixes in the past. but basides that...

Ritmo
replies: 1 views: 353
Snoggin 3 weeks ago

Hello guys, I am starting to strongly consider writing out and apply for a Mix engineer assistant job. But before I start...

snowman94
replies: 2 views: 421
snowman94 3 weeks ago

Hello, Gearslutzers! We all know that going up to bands or fellow engineers after a gig to introduce yourself can be terrifying....

Sockerjam
replies: 1 views: 354
Brent Hahn 3 weeks ago

I'm about to move into a new house. More than enough space for the two of us, and I'm excited to make it usable as an occasional...

pemberley
replies: 6 views: 494
psycho_monkey 3 weeks ago

Hey guys! All my stars have aligned and after years of acquiring gear, working multiple jobs, interning, networking and...

lewiswundenberg
replies: 19 views: 1,928
S_mask 3 weeks ago

I'm going live with the below video tomorrow and implementing the plan for 2019. Call it harebrained or a social experiment, but...

andersmv
replies: 17 views: 1,226
andersmv 3 weeks ago

So I’m leaving CDBaby for a few reasons, and I gave amuse a shot but they’re making it more difficult than necessary. For...

connorhawke
replies: 2 views: 342
connorhawke 4 weeks ago

Not counting your day job, how much did you make from music last year and how much did you spend on gear, advertising, touring,...

joe sixpak
replies: 4 views: 862
10pints 4 weeks ago

Hi all, My album will release in 2 weeks. I've got it up (privately) on Bandcamp and was preparing to send out invite codes to...

Romdave
replies: 0 views: 269
Romdave 4 weeks ago

Slightly breaking our own cross posting rules here, but this is important and something many of us have been crying out...

psycho_monkey
replies: 0 views: 328
psycho_monkey 4 weeks ago

Hey there, I'm from Iran and I`m planning to emigrate. I`ve been working in music industry for about 10 years and I want to...

D A N T E
replies: 6 views: 1,078
voodoo4u 12th June 2019

Hi Gearslutzers! Finding enough time in a day can hard, especially if you are trying to balance multiple projects or things to...

Sockerjam
replies: 2 views: 437
Sockerjam 10th June 2019

So a nearby private school has asked me to come in and take a look at the space and advise them on a build as well as software...

joecandy
replies: 8 views: 576
MIKEHARRIS 8th June 2019

How do those of you with busy production, mixing, mastering or writing schedules keep everything locked down? What do you do if a...

EMMST
replies: 3 views: 593
EqualInterval 6th June 2019

For many home recorders, songwriters and just starting producers it is important to just get TRACTION. I have just signed up with...

s wave
replies: 7 views: 638
s wave 5th June 2019

Dear community, I`ve been interning at a well-established music studio in North America for 1.5 years now. Unfortunately, I...

baniza
replies: 12 views: 1,968
Octopon 3rd June 2019

Hello, I see many questions related to finding clients or increasing your client base. Therefore, I thought it could be...

Sockerjam
replies: 0 views: 432
Sockerjam 21st May 2019

Hi, I am a university student currently working on my final paper. The thesis is based around DAWs, Pro Tools as the industry...

Daniel Sjaavik
replies: 2 views: 479
Daniel Sjaavik 4th May 2019

Hi, I happen to have some freelance jobs recently but my online presence is quite a mess. I bought a domain name a few years...

AKM
replies: 25 views: 2,911
psycho_monkey 23rd April 2019

I know that this is somewhat an almost unanswerable question for the most part as it is amount of quality gear as well as...

Bobo09
replies: 81 views: 29,566
LifeWhyz 14th April 2019

Hello one and all! I recently finished recording a psychedelic rock album 100% independently and will be releasing it myself. I...

AuraBlaze
replies: 0 views: 328
AuraBlaze 11th April 2019

I have a studio that up till now only I have been using for work. I don't do this full time so half the month the studio sits...

jakeh111
replies: 1 views: 720
Sockerjam 11th April 2019

Koreatown / Hollywood / Echo Park / Long Beach? I’m a 25 year old guy moving to L.A. and I’d like to know what the best...

Edelrhoads
replies: 27 views: 10,529
Nerry2 5th April 2019

Hi,I'm lestat, from ShangHai China. I have been a audio engineer about 5 years.I have my studio in ShangHai.And work with 2...

Lestatchen
replies: 7 views: 655
Lestatchen 3rd April 2019

I'm moving to the Austin area in October. Anyone able to suggest a studio in the general area in which I could go introduce...

FreshProduce
replies: 2 views: 578
FreshProduce 2nd April 2019

Hey, I recorded and mixed a cover song. Initially it was done for private use. I would now like to show this to potential...

twiy
replies: 11 views: 685
Saxplayerz 31st March 2019

Hi Folks, The title says it all really. I'm interested to know what the legalities are with regard to making money using...

Industry
replies: 9 views: 977
Brent Hahn 31st March 2019

I am curious as to how many musicians out there record your performances for self critic. I am working toward doing some solo...

ryevick
replies: 5 views: 620
ryevick 4th March 2019

Hi guys, I love mixing, it is my favourite part of the production process, after years and years recording, producing, mixing and...

MADA
replies: 17 views: 1,419
MADA 2nd March 2019

Hi, after years of learning my instruments, mixing techniques and spending a good amount of time on gearslutz, I am happy to...

Freddy94
replies: 2 views: 786
psycho_monkey 23rd February 2019

I have recently completed recording a 7 song EP for an 18 year old singer/song writer. She is VERY talented and I would like to...

JohnnyDemonic
replies: 21 views: 1,364
chrischoir 18th February 2019

Okay first a little background on who I am... I am an audio engineer who graduated from the 2nd best music school in my...

synthesia1073
replies: 1 views: 652
kafka 17th February 2019

Long story short, I've been working towards owning my own studio since about 2007 when I started collecting gear and learning the...

mightyfaulk
replies: 26 views: 4,850
biksonije 3rd February 2019

Hey guys! I’ve got two questions I was hoping someone could shed some light on :) 1. If I sell one of my productions to...

Ollivolli
replies: 0 views: 651
Ollivolli 30th January 2019

Hello! I'm a 20 year old engineer/producer enrolled at a university for music production. I'm about to start my 4th semester but...

17shankooln
replies: 6 views: 985
pencilextremist 16th January 2019

Hi, everyone! I’m an international student on American masters program, studying recording arts and technologies. I will...

ValVal
replies: 0 views: 604
ValVal 4th January 2019

Great vid for young musicians who starting out... YouTube Berklee kid to boot!

bgood
replies: 0 views: 628
bgood 26th December 2018

Hi! I want to create an online mixing and mastering service, to make it easier for clients to get the service they want, where...

ampar
replies: 2 views: 873
TxH003 21st December 2018

I've spent most of my time doing the modern thing of having a mixing room in my house. It's treated and I have top notch gear but...

theillusionist
replies: 6 views: 807
Sigma 20th December 2018

Hey everyone! So i'm going to college soon and I'm unsure of what I want to do. For the longest time I was sure I was going to...

Divinejames
replies: 11 views: 1,347
thehightenor 18th December 2018

Hey Everybody! TLDR: What traits are you looking for in an assistant? A few months ago, I entered a work relationship...

Cheagor
replies: 2 views: 742
Cheagor 13th December 2018

Hi, It would be very interesting, to get data and statistics on the audio software business. Is there a good resource...

Alatar
replies: 0 views: 643
Alatar 10th December 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search