The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Career / Work

Sponsored ByWorking Class Audio
Options
Views: 6,656
24th November 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi I've had a recording studio for the past 17 years and have made the decision to start a indie record label. I'm pretty new...

bamb00
replies: 29 views: 857
wetwest 3 hours ago

Tell your inspiring stories Shine the light Show us how you stuck it to the man:cowbell:

mc_deli
replies: 34 views: 2,439
VenVile 16 hours ago

Hi, I happen to have some freelance jobs recently but my online presence is quite a mess. I bought a domain name a few years...

AKM
replies: 6 views: 575
wetwest 23 hours ago

I was searching to see if any new studios had cropped up in my area (South San Francisco Bay area) and found several studios with...

TexaCali
replies: 13 views: 463
Brent Hahn 1 day ago

I know graphic designers and visual artists, but through working with some of them, I've come to realize that limitations and...

Polymorphia
replies: 5 views: 246
Godson 1 day ago

Hi there, I currently live in Sheffield and Manchester in England at different points in the year and I've done a decent amount...

Jack_Goodison
replies: 2 views: 258
col 5 days ago

Hi there! I'm starting to get some clients as a beginning mixing engineer. And use e-mail to send my clients the 1st draft....

Afroham
replies: 2 views: 162
Afroham 6 days ago

I've been working on a project with this soul band. 9 people in the band, full horn section, everyone also sings. Needless to say...

godofmetalguita
replies: 4 views: 296
joeq 1 week ago

Let's say I mix and master someone's track. Sure I can send it to them with a watermark in the background but that kind of takes...

busystarter
replies: 3 views: 347
busystarter 1 week ago

Hello, i have been into audio since the mid 70's, im 53yrs old and planning to retire with a pension and healthcare in 2yrs (...

kgveteran
replies: 2 views: 189
kgveteran 1 week ago

Hey guys, this is my first official post on GS and I'm very happy to be here!!! My question is, am I too old (25 years old) to...

Shannon_McCarthy
replies: 15 views: 412
12ax7 1 week ago

The Beatles, Beach Boys, George Michael, Bee Gees, Michael Jackson, Phil Collins, Bruno Mars, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, The...

waynetrain96
replies: 3 views: 261
YupeYule 2 weeks ago

Hello , I don't know if this is the correct place to post this But I'm a beginner trance producer , I made a trance track , a...

MikeZero
replies: 2 views: 298
TJT 2 weeks ago

Okay so maybe not the most incredible achievement in the world but before I've even finished my degree, I've already got...

DeltaCharlieEcho
replies: 1 views: 234
livingloud 8th November 2017

SO I know most of us have been there. Wether you're a producer, assistant engineer, intern, etc. A band gets booked that has...

ConquestPro
replies: 10 views: 397
MontyMakesMusic 1st November 2017

Hey whats up guys! Hope everyone is doing well. My question for everyone is what should I do as a 20 year old to get into the...

Hubiverse
replies: 3 views: 624
Jason Sheesley 1st November 2017

Hello all. I am looking into setting up a medium to smallish recording studio in the North East of UK and I need to create a...

Nick Adams
replies: 29 views: 28,329
EvilRoy 1st November 2017

Hey guys, I'm moving into the Studio Manager position here at a local studio and am wanting to be able to keep track of...

ScottBrio
replies: 2 views: 336
Joao B. 30th October 2017

I've had this discussion with many engineers and producers and would love your input. Some like to be generalists and dabble in...

rinaldisound
replies: 3 views: 427
JusGolden 29th October 2017
replies: 0 views: 264
DavidKmusic 27th October 2017

Hi Question about a indie label recording contract. Under the clause "TERM". The Artist' obligation to perform...

bamb00
replies: 6 views: 364
cdruzeta 27th October 2017

I talked to Robert Dudzic about his work as a sound designer. Nerdy talk about sampling, recording, processing. And of course we...

mickbenjamins
replies: 3 views: 391
mickbenjamins 23rd October 2017

Hi fellow slutz, I am thinking of hiring a singer via Soundbetter for one of my productions. Has anyone of you done so...

CKONE
replies: 4 views: 652
bgood 14th October 2017

Hey guys! All my stars have aligned and after years of acquiring gear, working multiple jobs, interning, networking and...

lewiswundenberg
replies: 10 views: 620
lewiswundenberg 8th October 2017

How are studios managing/handling the insurance angle with freelance engineers? I've had some freelance guys working in my...

RyanC
replies: 2 views: 325
RyanC 7th October 2017

Hi, I have been creating music production tracks which have been used in TV shows as background, but consider myself a...

Bklyn88
replies: 0 views: 267
Bklyn88 28th September 2017

Hello! I would like to begin offering drum MIDI editing/programming/composing services, but I have very little knowledge on where...

xaviersykora
replies: 1 views: 488
Miles Harding 10th September 2017

Hey guys, I'm doing a survey as part of my research for my masters thesis. If you could spare a few minutes of your time and take...

kholland65
replies: 1 views: 306
Zargg 31st August 2017

I was listening to NPR public radio the other day and they had a special show talking about how these days allot of acts or...

chigotgo
replies: 36 views: 7,537
retronoodle 29th August 2017

Yo, So, I just wanted to show you all a new video series I'm starting named "Life Of A Tech." I work full time...

CX3Music
replies: 0 views: 458
CX3Music 22nd August 2017

What sort of average of billable hours to the studio is there on a pop release today, like Katy Perry or Beyonce or Bruno Mars...

pipelineaudio
replies: 1 views: 554
Wolf LeProducer 22nd August 2017

Hi, Does anyone know anything about the Tonmeister programme at The Royal Danish Academy of...

JonathanBerglund
replies: 17 views: 4,239
Vitazzz 20th August 2017

How do I build my fanbase in a organic way without having to buy followers or any of that...

VikH
replies: 1 views: 572
Synth Guru 12th August 2017

Hey guys So I'm wondering if I could get some advice on a very specific issue with SoundCloud. I signed up in May and...

CCSummers
replies: 1 views: 423
Synth Guru 12th August 2017

Hi, I've been approached about signing a 3 year publishing deal and I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of this...

pinksoir
replies: 3 views: 469
RyanC 10th August 2017

Hey guys, It's been a while since I've been on the forums so sorry if this is in the wrong one. I have a track that a...

henry sellers
replies: 69 views: 3,287
Dennis White 8th August 2017

Hey all, So I'm about a year and a half into the freelance production/engineering gig, graduated from school for it that long...

JimmyByrne09
replies: 2 views: 426
foamboy 7th August 2017

Bar/club/function band What are you using to book your band. I use a combination of google spreadsheets/google forms/google...

pani
replies: 0 views: 343
pani 5th August 2017

Thank G-d my studio is picking up. But the problem is I am really bad with time management in the studio and projects take a lot...

callmelaub
replies: 0 views: 545
callmelaub 4th August 2017

Heya, Does anyone have a proper contract that they use to hire singers? Assuming I write my own lyrics, all I need to do is...

cpinto
replies: 3 views: 410
DannyMac 4th August 2017

What do you do? The songwriter presents you with a dozen songs. You are convinced that person only contains one song, and that...

3rd&4thT
replies: 40 views: 3,455
Brent Hahn 28th July 2017

I have been floating the idea of creating a media company for about a year or two now. My idea is to provide bands a variety of...

LashoutMedia
replies: 1 views: 513
psycho_monkey 28th July 2017

Hi there, I've been making music for 3 years now. I make electronic music, along the lines of Flying Lotus, Radiohead, Lorn......

Aphotik
replies: 5 views: 617
Aphotik 23rd July 2017

Greetings everyone! I'm doing research for a development project which aims to craft a modern equipment management solution...

leotarheel
replies: 0 views: 360
leotarheel 23rd July 2017

I should have asked days ago but I've been a mess... I have a second audition with a restaurant and I can't put into words how...

Spano
replies: 1 views: 408
Monsieur_R 16th July 2017

Okay so before some of you will say "you shouldn't do this for the money you should do it for the love of music" I'll...

Jack_Goodison
replies: 13 views: 1,032
IronFilm 7th July 2017

Koreatown / Hollywood / Echo Park / Long Beach? I’m a 25 year old guy moving to L.A. and I’d like to know what the best...

Edelrhoads
replies: 24 views: 4,161
manfish 29th June 2017

Hi guys I've just been going through the PRS music database and I've noticed that labels own 100% of mechanical royalties while...

MUSICMUSIC
replies: 3 views: 496
psycho_monkey 22nd June 2017

so how do you do it? they just did a take on say acoustic guitar, drums, bass, it sucks, they aren't consistent, they hit the...

Chrislpp
replies: 103 views: 7,594
BarcelonaMusic 17th June 2017

Hey guys, need some advice! In short, I've been doing music now for about 5 religiously. I. E really pursuing it! I took...

a.chassum
replies: 7 views: 786
ionian 13th June 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search