The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Working Class Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey guys, I’m starting to work for a Grammy winning producer. I feel as if I’m a jack of all trades, master of none, but this...

thepilgrimsdream
replies: 1 views: 350
mattpyter 17 hours ago

I understand if you have a business and need to advertise. But is it really that smart to post pictures of your home...

drockfresh
replies: 15 views: 728
pquinn 2 days ago

is anyone consistently making money with their setup... Bill

bibleboy3
replies: 31 views: 2,185
thepilgrimsdream 5 days ago

Hi folks, I'm soundcloud based but need to get set up on spotify. Landr now offer a deal that includes spotify access, and...

GJ999x
replies: 23 views: 783
psycho_monkey 6 days ago

any comments? i know i have to fix some fuzzy resolution issues and a few typos

Sigma
replies: 22 views: 624
Sigma 6 days ago

I have two questions here re CDs. I've posed similar questions in the past and I did do a search. 1. Are CDs necessary any...

henryrobinett
replies: 22 views: 413
psycho_monkey 1 week ago

Howdy esteemed fellow slutz! I have been a work-for-hire guy all my life, so I've never dealt with residuals on an album. ...

RobAnderson
replies: 7 views: 508
psycho_monkey 1 week ago

Hello there! I'm a 19 year old, soon turning 20, guy and I want to move to London for music. I mainly want to go there to try...

zigacesen1
replies: 6 views: 355
standingwave 1 week ago

Hi everybody, i'm Fabio, 22 years sound engineer from Naples, Italy. I'm young but a little skilled for my age: i have a...

Concept B.
replies: 1 views: 208
psycho_monkey 1 week ago

Here is an interesting perspective, in case you did not read this one yet (and did not make the same calculations by...

random musican
replies: 1 views: 353
fgtraei 1 week ago

I've had a very small production studio in a business park for 6 years. Rent was CHEAP. Partner moving back to home studio, and...

spiderman
replies: 4 views: 377
spiderman 3 weeks ago

Hey guys, I'm a new artist that has never booked shows before. All the articles I'm reading say to e-mail the venue and...

JonaWilder
replies: 0 views: 170
JonaWilder 3 weeks ago

Hey everyone! I'm going to be hosting a free webinar about career paths and business strategies for the media composer in the...

BenBotkin
replies: 1 views: 247
BenBotkin 3 weeks ago

I wanted to get a thread going on how people handle cancellations, what your requirements are, and how strictly you enforce them...

RyanC
replies: 0 views: 183
RyanC 3 weeks ago

what are you guys using for your sites? I'm looking for a new theme. or sell me on a diff website service.

fairchildren
replies: 0 views: 203
fairchildren 7th November 2019

I'm about to move into a new house. More than enough space for the two of us, and I'm excited to make it usable as an occasional...

pemberley
replies: 10 views: 1,002
jerry123 6th November 2019

Hey everyone! So i'm going to college soon and I'm unsure of what I want to do. For the longest time I was sure I was going to...

Divinejames
replies: 13 views: 1,681
Hancock 6th November 2019

(20years experience) What should I pursue to make $$ in music industry ? Hello all. Brief history about me: So, I've been...

TS-12
replies: 4 views: 457
Hancock 6th November 2019
replies: 2 views: 443
fairchildren 1st November 2019

Okay, the renting/sharing music studio alternative (my current situation in LA) does not work well for me. I need to be able to...

Hell0IamMike
replies: 2 views: 392
Hell0IamMike 1st November 2019

Hey guys, My first post here. I recently Licensed my instrumental - Non-Exclusively - to an artist. The artist retains 100%...

GustoKid
replies: 21 views: 683
Noisewagon 1st November 2019

Its been 6 years. I played the guitar last week however. MY job and beer drinking and a sick business partner has sank my...

Jaybird
replies: 3 views: 502
pencilextremist 23rd October 2019

Hi We are currently dealing with a client that wont accept our rates. It would be great to have some opinions if someone have...

musicmixer04
replies: 32 views: 975
pencilextremist 23rd October 2019

Recommendations for free or one-time fee alternatives to distrokid that also have automatic payment splitting, e.g. for collabs?...

connorhawke
replies: 1 views: 567
connorhawke 22nd October 2019

well my divorce is final today. 2nd wife no kids total shock. I sold pretty much all of my gear. except tele amp and a couple...

boomer81
replies: 0 views: 385
boomer81 2nd October 2019
replies: 1 views: 381
RyanC 2nd October 2019

To record a track for them. I kept hearing that this was something that would happen eventually. Only 25,950 bucks to go and...

Dlane
replies: 5 views: 808
jerry123 30th September 2019

Hi folks, new here. This is a bit of a random one and looking for advice from the community here. I work freelance after leaving...

Bojangle
replies: 4 views: 760
Bojangle 28th September 2019

Hello I wonder if someone here working for SoundBetter.com? Just wonder how high the commission fee is (I heard it's about 20% of...

owhsinchu
replies: 11 views: 1,743
Progger 28th September 2019

Anyone who has spent time in this industry has become deeply (and unfortunately) acquainted with everything that can possibly go...

peterashermusic
replies: 8 views: 1,131
peterashermusic 25th September 2019

Hi guys, Not sure if this is allowed, but i need to try! I am about to leave my corporate sales director job because i want...

Avos88
replies: 0 views: 261
Avos88 24th September 2019

I'm doing my second year of my musicology bachelors and I have a course in studio production. My initial thought about the...

Jam Solo
replies: 1 views: 722
pencilextremist 20th September 2019

I just finished initial tracking for a long funk song with some jam segments. Once done this song will be over 11 minutes long. ...

Nosajjao
replies: 3 views: 522
pencilextremist 20th September 2019

Hi folks, Could anyone help me find out what studio is shown on this picture? I believe it is on...

bullekeffdaone
replies: 2 views: 916
Deleted 3284bb9 19th September 2019

Any advice on advancing one's career as a tracking/mixing engineer? I've spent the last few years slowly growing a small client...

wyattoberholzer
replies: 1 views: 894
wyattoberholzer 17th September 2019

I'm finally at a place where i experience that i'm able to write pop music that i'm really satisfied with and that i believe...

thinkingettin
replies: 14 views: 930
poserp 16th September 2019

Anyway I have a friend that need to record something for a old folks home. There is a holiday coming up and I am going to have...

spektor
replies: 3 views: 685
drBill 13th September 2019

Hello internet! I’ve been asked to do a traveling recording gig (2.5 days, 2 hours from home). It’s a full band tracking...

jrumsey
replies: 1 views: 560
CJ Mastering 12th September 2019

cdbaby advertises a lot about their music licensing program, but has anyone here actually done business with them rather than...

dchalfon
replies: 0 views: 740
dchalfon 7th September 2019

Do any of you guys have a day rate that slides according to the work performed? For example a vocalist session is less than an...

Deleted 300228d
replies: 1 views: 713
Nick Franklin 28th August 2019

Hello, Despite all the warnings I want to pursue a career in the music industry. After I finished school two years ago, I...

Fiedelfinn
replies: 5 views: 936
telecode 23rd August 2019

It has been a strange summer. For all of May and June we were extremely busy and even into July we were booked. Comes August...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 3 views: 1,177
Nick Franklin 23rd August 2019

I tried asking at least 2 of these things or similar to them on the copyright.gov support page and I was supposed to wait 5 days...

tristanbay
replies: 0 views: 768
tristanbay 16th August 2019

Hello guys !!! I've been doing this mixing thing for almost 20 years, it's been 17 years since my first mix was released, and...

JanZoo
replies: 12 views: 801
cat alley 10th August 2019

After reading the "fake clients" and some of the mention of clients sabotaging themselves with self-doubt, I wanted to...

wilkinswp
replies: 70 views: 7,334
BIG BUDDHA 9th August 2019

In 2019 I live from solely mastering (which I have been for 10 years, 10 years prior to that working professionally as head...

SASMastering
replies: 86 views: 3,016
SASMastering 8th August 2019

Hey guys and gals, how do you go about pitching your songs to artists/producers/record labels/etc.? Over the years, I've written...

ModernGlitch
replies: 7 views: 911
bgood 8th August 2019

Looking to book someone for 1 hour to do a few quick demos. Anyone here who’s done pop songs available? Please message me.

Circulate
replies: 0 views: 601
Circulate 7th August 2019

Hi guys I'm new to posting on these forums, but I've been reading the gearslutz forums for years n years now. Strange that I only...

hiphopasia
replies: 42 views: 17,098
RootheRhymeJedi 6th August 2019

Good day, all - What are thoughts on taking checks (personal or other) as payment for services (studio, producer, recording,...

Presocratic
replies: 30 views: 1,111
Jason Sheesley 5th August 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search