The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Career / Work

Sponsored ByWorking Class Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey there, I'm from Iran and I`m planning to emigrate. I`ve been working in music industry for about 10 years and I want to...

D A N T E
replies: 5 views: 247
Nerry2 17 hours ago

Hey guys, this is my first official post on GS and I'm very happy to be here!!! My question is, am I too old (25 years old) to...

Shannon_McCarthy
replies: 32 views: 1,962
LameSpirale 23 hours ago

Koreatown / Hollywood / Echo Park / Long Beach? I’m a 25 year old guy moving to L.A. and I’d like to know what the best...

Edelrhoads
replies: 25 views: 5,615
Nerry2 1 day ago

We have purchased a commercial recording facility that just closed (owner retired) and are selling our beautiful home, which...

spectrasound
replies: 1 views: 295
spectrasound 5 days ago

I'm not sure whether this would be considered off-topic, but I'm wondering what you all might think. On the surface, this...

Nerry2
replies: 25 views: 746
chessparov2.0 2 weeks ago
replies: - views: -
Brent Hahn 3 weeks ago

What sort of average of billable hours to the studio is there on a pop release today, like Katy Perry or Beyonce or Bruno Mars...

pipelineaudio
replies: 2 views: 891
Voco_ono 3 weeks ago

Do you snack? Do you have Netflix playing in the background? Talk radio? Sports? What do you do while you're doing all the...

goom
replies: 8 views: 427
Mike.r 4 weeks ago

They come in, track their vocals, then leave and expect me to do anything I want without any input, so I'm completely guessing...

goom
replies: 0 views: 272
goom 4 weeks ago

Hello Sirs. I have been producing for a few years. I started listening to dance music when I was 12 years old but I never thought...

David Mandez
replies: 3 views: 452
jon281092 4 weeks ago

Hey, I'm a freelance music producer/track maker. The problem I've come to a situation where a client of mine is asking me to...

replies: 0 views: 305
125 4 weeks ago

Hey folks! So I am thinking it is time to charge and throw rates on my website for artists who just want me to mix their songs...

Tory Meath
replies: 6 views: 682
psycho_monkey 16th April 2018

It is shocking for me to hear the three time grammy award winning music mixer and producer for Lana Del Ray, Adele, Red Hot...

atilio
replies: 9 views: 692
UKMK00 7th April 2018

Not sure where to post this, mods please feel free to move... So about a year ago we had a (happy, amicable, positive) breakup...

yep
replies: 4 views: 503
Carabinerx 4th April 2018

Hi ! Well the last 18 months have been kind of hard on me. But let me start at the beginning. I started producing music in 2007...

Ratplan
replies: 51 views: 1,682
foxwaves 3rd April 2018

Hello guys. I'm in process of making a separate site with my own music and I want to know which tools are the best for its...

Radiowave
replies: 3 views: 395
crille_mannen 2nd April 2018

Hey whats up guys! Hope everyone is doing well. My question for everyone is what should I do as a 20 year old to get into the...

Hubiverse
replies: 4 views: 1,057
samuelivy 31st March 2018

Ok, Tool finally started on a new album. Here's a pic of Danny's drum set up and his tech. Because I'm a studio nerd at heart I...

mightyeskimo
replies: 4 views: 369
mightyeskimo 30th March 2018

I have been producing a bunch of records that are getting decent plays on youtube nothing crazy. Only one of em has reached 1...

varun213
replies: 5 views: 410
ShadowsOfLife 30th March 2018

i've been constantly replying on twitter to people asking for beats with "hey, i got some beats, what kind of beats are you...

idk a username
replies: 6 views: 402
bangbang 22nd March 2018

I can't find a suitable sub-forum. What would be the best way of getting a good manager?

vintagetones
replies: 4 views: 532
3rd Degree 21st March 2018

I'm just getting back into gigging again after 13 years off the road. I tried song writing, but I'm itching to play live...

Totigerus
replies: 1 views: 570
JeffAndrews6789 20th March 2018

Hey everyone! Any recommendations for a good site like Bandcamp where I can sell downloads for a music album? I also want the...

brento1138
replies: 1 views: 267
stk 20th March 2018

Hi fellow slutz...I'm having a problem with Soundcloud who I use to host music I've produced. Sometime back in 2013 they...

JohnnyWoodbine
replies: 2 views: 310
JohnnyWoodbine 18th March 2018

So it's 2018, what are your rates today for project studio work? Not overnight or with points rates.... I am talking about the...

not_so_new
replies: 63 views: 2,247
not_so_new 17th March 2018

Hey Gs, im starting this thread as I've spent most of my life learning audio production. Alot of music and mixing but also sound...

bamsehopp
replies: 1 views: 305
BuffaloBill 5th March 2018

Apologies if this has been covered already, but have hardly posted here. I am a composer/producer who so far has had music as...

quartz
replies: 0 views: 260
quartz 28th February 2018

Hi Folks, The title says it all really. I'm interested to know what the legalities are with regard to making money using...

Industry
replies: 5 views: 334
psycho_monkey 26th February 2018

I ask this because I was recently asked by a friend to mix his record. I usually don't mix for clients (I write and produce). I...

jkung
replies: 19 views: 1,151
Doc Mixwell 23rd February 2018

Hi. I have a serious music project (a rock band) for which I have settled on a mixing budget around $1000 dollars per song when...

JJT
replies: 3 views: 560
psycho_monkey 21st February 2018

Hi there, I just wanted to know what is the price per hour or per day for sound engineer / producer these days? A band hired me...

OddJohn
replies: 0 views: 342
OddJohn 20th February 2018

Hey guys, I've developed something new that shows musicians how to get paid gigs without management or a social media presence....

playmoregigs
replies: 0 views: 305
playmoregigs 15th February 2018

I've been working on a project with this soul band. 9 people in the band, full horn section, everyone also sings. Needless to say...

godofmetalguita
replies: 9 views: 1,322
chrisso 14th February 2018

What should I pay a vocalist? EDIT: I want to pay per song not per hour.

memristor
replies: 9 views: 439
hughshouse 13th February 2018

Hi there, I've been making music for 3 years now. I make electronic music, along the lines of Flying Lotus, Radiohead, Lorn......

Aphotik
replies: 6 views: 1,150
Captain 8 13th February 2018

I know that this is somewhat an almost unanswerable question for the most part as it is amount of quality gear as well as...

Bobo09
replies: 67 views: 23,012
hughshouse 11th February 2018

I am in the process of compiling a demo portfolio of my tracks for various purposes. I wonder how much music is too much, atm...

memristor
replies: 1 views: 350
memristor 9th February 2018

Hi, i am increasing my hourly rate in my studio hourly rate by 20%. I have 3 albums running at present. Some of the...

tablatom
replies: 7 views: 666
12ax7 7th February 2018

Hey guys! All my stars have aligned and after years of acquiring gear, working multiple jobs, interning, networking and...

lewiswundenberg
replies: 13 views: 1,191
psycho_monkey 5th February 2018

Hi, I happen to have some freelance jobs recently but my online presence is quite a mess. I bought a domain name a few years...

AKM
replies: 15 views: 1,572
Gitaarwerk 3rd February 2018

I mean in my country there are bands that still mix their songs like in the old day, muddy, unclear without balance. Why this...

spuogis
replies: 1 views: 432
rhythmtech 31st January 2018

My studio was vandalized by some strangers, I don't know what they got out of it. The entire place was in a mess. They haven't...

Karlin
replies: 8 views: 778
Anne Flemmings 29th January 2018

I'm looking for an online booking system that would allow to book days and would clearly display available slots in the calendar...

jacko
replies: 4 views: 644
lewiswundenberg 21st January 2018

Studio owners and operators, do you charge extra for certain services and/or equipment and if so, what services and gear and what...

Crazy4Jazz
replies: 17 views: 1,032
12tone 14th January 2018

Does anyone know of any mixing contests happening this year? I didn't see much in a google search except for the Dave...

shudock
replies: 1 views: 1,048
Henrik Hjortnaes 13th January 2018

Hey slutz I’m thinking of renting out some of my vintage gear but wanted to get some feedback from anyone in the business....

S_A_P
replies: 10 views: 760
S_A_P 13th January 2018

Hi Guys, I wrote this book a while back, and have sold it for ~$20, but recently decided to give it away for free for a while....

John Suitcase
replies: 0 views: 530
John Suitcase 12th January 2018

Hi there! I'm starting to get some clients as a beginning mixing engineer. And use e-mail to send my clients the 1st draft....

Afroham
replies: 17 views: 1,199
Noisewagon 4th January 2018

I was searching to see if any new studios had cropped up in my area (South San Francisco Bay area) and found several studios with...

TexaCali
replies: 57 views: 2,788
wildplum 3rd January 2018

OK, so I edited the previous thread topic (Professional Goals for 2018) to better serve the interest of forum-ites: UFOs in the...

americanbison
replies: 0 views: 641
americanbison 26th December 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search