The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
where can i find session musicians???? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 19th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanwissing View Post

Great thread. Who else on Gearslutz is doing session work online? I know there are many of you out there!

I do..........
Old 22nd March 2017
Here for the gear

I offer affordable rates at only $50 per song Custom Drum Tracks. Very fast turnaround usually within a day or 2. If anyone needs High Quality Drum Tracks or know if anyone that needs Drums for a project please pm me or check out some samples of some raw tracks that I did and my services at
https://soundcloud.com/chad-meinders...ad-rage-take-2
www.facebook.com/chadmeindersdrumrecording
www.chadmeindersdrumrecordingservices.weebly.com
Old 24th April 2017
Here for the gear

I do Online Session Drum tracks from my home studio just an hour outside St. Louis Missouri. I have been doing it for 4 years for clients all over the world. My session schedule isn't consistent since most of the clients I work with are Novice/ weekend warrior types. No labels or producers just singer/songwriters and artists that need help writing a song. I want to stay busy and I promote myself everywhere but since I offer my tracks at 100% royalty free, I never get the finished product and I can't use those tracks. But I love just creating tracks for people at an affordable rate.
Old 25th April 2017
Old 27th May 2017
Lives for gear

...WoW, and 6 years later....I just wonder how is this scene doing?

Noticed some links were down .... :( of sites that offered exchange between musicians.

Any new sites for hiring/meeting "session" musicians online since 2011??

Old 23rd June 2017
Here for the gear

I'm not technically a session musician, but I'm totally down to play bass for anyone who wants it. I have a very high quality recording setup and can do everything online. So anyone who needs a quality bassist (advanced slap, finger-style, picking, etc...) hit me up
Old 29th August 2017
Here for the gear
I've had good luck with AirGigs - probably hired 4-5 times on there. If you're interested in the remote thing. Worked out fine for me.
Old 4th December 2017
Here for the gear

www.kollab.co
Old 1st December 2018
This is indeed an interesting thread and I'm rather surprised I haven't seen more like it here on the forum. Seems like a few of the sites are indeed down, but there are more popping up all the time, and a friend of mine in Portugal is even starting a new one up relatively soon. Although that will really be geared toward songwriters who need a get-everything-done producer: someone who can arrange all the musical accompaniment and track or program all the guitar, bass, keyboard, drum/percussion, and horn parts, as needed. That probably won't launch for a while, but it seems to be following the direction the music industry is taking at the moment, or at least a big chunk of it.

That all being said: I'm one of those producers and multi-instrumentalists, and while I've worked in plenty of awesome studios, I find myself working from home more and more, or doing a a combination of tracking bed takes in the studio and doing overdubs in my home environment (which, after years of tweaking, has gotten somewhere I like). Here's an example of that, from an EP I produced for a talented NYC songwriter this year.

Backwards So by Kimberly Townsend on Spotify

I had some of my trusted compatriots in the studio for when we were laying down the main rhythm tracks and vocals at Atlantic Sound in Brooklyn (a guitarist, bassist, and drummer, I was playing keys), and then I layered lots of extra keys, guitar, percussion, and BGVs at home. The state of technology these days has made some pretty incredible things possible, but it still takes a lot of time to learn to get the most out of what's there. Not to mention, if the fundamental musicianship isn't there, none of the rest matters!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search