The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Good Audio Player for Website?
Old 26th January 2021
Good Audio Player for Website?

I'm looking for an audio player I can embed in my website that plays local files but also displays links to streaming (e.g., Spotify) and purchasing/downloads (e.g., Amazon).

I've seen these around, but now that I'm in the market for one, I can't seem to find one anywhere - just lots of the usual music players.

Any other clever ideas for quickly auditioning songs on a website while offering links to the music services fans prefer?

Any advice is appreciated.
Old 27th January 2021
Aha. Looks like the buzzword is now "music landing page." Embeddable music players are so twenty-teens.

In case anybody cares.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
I was looking for this as well! Really wanted to get full-res wav files for my website portfolio, ended up using soundclouds APIs instead (even though the quality sucks).

Did you figure it out?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Soundcloud and Spotifys APIs are also terrible for page loading speeds and SEO!
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivertb ➡️
I was looking for this as well! Really wanted to get full-res wav files for my website portfolio, ended up using soundclouds APIs instead (even though the quality sucks).

Did you figure it out?
Sorta, but the solution I came up with isn't ideal.

My new site is on Wordpress, so there's plenty of audio player plug-ins to choose from. There's also a few nice generic HTML players out there. However, I found only one that also functions as a "landing page," with links to the various music outlets. It looks sweet but they want a ridiculous monthly fee. I forget the name and the exact amount, but it's stupid.

So, for the landing page piece, I decided to embed auto-generated landing pages from my free Found.ee account via iframes. I've tested it and it works well. No integrated player though.

For the audio player piece, I have yet to try any of the aforementioned players. It's really just a matter of what integrates best with my site. And it might mean two or more players - a traditional player widget with album art and a full-width player that sits inconspicuously at the top or bottom of the page.

On that note, I've seen a few that promise to keep playing between page loads but user reviews always complain that it doesn't work as advertised. If you find one that works, please share. Technically speaking, I suspect the only way to do this without interruption between page loads is to put the player and website in adjacent frames. Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivertb ➡️
Soundcloud and Spotifys APIs are also terrible for page loading speeds and SEO!
Good to know! Thanks for sharing.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…