The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Production Spreadsheet for Time Over Pay?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Production Spreadsheet for Time Over Pay?

Hey Everyone!

I'm wondering if anyone else has put thought into effort vs reward, in terms of recording, producing and mixing artists? I've been working at a studio, where I write, produce, mix and master songs with artists from start to finish. I get paid a flat fee for the work. So the longer I take to get to the end product = loss of profit.

Essentially, I'm looking into tracking my progress for each project I take on. I'd like to tally my hours, and evaluate how I'm using my time, and how long it takes to produce the end result. I'm unwilling to sacrifice quality of the work of course, but I'd like to be more savvy as I learn and progress in my career. Having something to quantify that would be a huge asset.

Hearing other peoples thoughts on this would be a huge benefit to me. Anyways, let me know!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

didn't feel the need for anything alike in ca. 40 years: guess it becomes clear anyway - and the work i like most is not necessarily the work which makes me the most...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search