The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Do any of you guys use websites like Sellfy to sell your mixing services?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Do any of you guys use websites like Sellfy to sell your mixing services?

if not, what do you use? Direct paypal?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Have you seen people already offering their mixing services? It seems like this site is more about selling products. As opposed to "services". They suggest you could sell downloads of music that you made. You can sell coffee mugs and t-shirts. Selling your services as a mixer does not seem to be what it is set up to do. At least not what they are pushing.

Quote:
any of you guys
I can only speak for myself. All my mixing clients are people that know me or know somebody who knows me. Or knows somebody who knows somebody who knows me. Or heard a recording that I mixed. No more degrees of separation than that: Word of mouth and reputation.

I never got one gig from a "stranger on the internet".

Quote:
Direct paypal?
Working out the form of payment is the easy part. Getting the gig in the first place is the hard part.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Yeah I feel you. I was just throwing that randomly out there to see if anyone has specific sites they are using, or just word of my and paypal direct. I've seen some guys successfully do the online thing, trying to figure out how to parlay into that. Thanks for the response brotha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
Have you seen people already offering their mixing services? It seems like this site is more about selling products. As opposed to "services". They suggest you could sell downloads of music that you made. You can sell coffee mugs and t-shirts. Selling your services as a mixer does not seem to be what it is set up to do. At least not what they are pushing.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search