The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What can I do to make money in music ? I have 20 years experience
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

What can I do to make money in music ? I have 20 years experience

(20years experience) What should I pursue to make $$ in music industry ?
Hello all.

Brief history about me:

So, I've been involved in music and audio around 20 years now doing live sound, playing synths and keyboards, recording, mixing, mastering and producing instrumentals for songs. Mostly did instrumental production for friends' songs.

But despite all this experience I never did anything online like selling beats online or offering mixing services etc.

My questions:

What's worth doing nowadays in audio and music to earn money ?

Is it better to make beats, loops or sample packs, and lease or sell them online ?

Which websites are the top where rappers or singers would go to buy beats ?

Or better to advertise mixing and mastering services ?
(I'm 100% in the box, no outboard gear besides preamps).

Or which music or audio "service" is the best to pursue online ?
Old 2 weeks ago
Honestly, if making money is your game, look for something else!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Honestly, if making money is your game, look for something else!
Lol I know it's almost impossible to make a living in music, but I want to make extra cash,
and to work with some artists that are progressing not just doing covers of other songs
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS-12 View Post
Lol I know it's almost impossible to make a living in music, but I want to make extra cash,
and to work with some artists that are progressing not just doing covers of other songs
The remote mixing/mastering/beat making market is very crowded. Just look at sound better or (worse) fivrr. People offering the moon at dirt cheap prices. 95% BS artists probably on fivrr at least...but that’s what you’re competing against as someone who “just wants a bit of extra cash”.

In this market credits are generally what attracts people to your door. Good work and everything that goes with it keeps them. I guess there’s some market in production music, or as you say selling beats, samples or sound fx in libraries like Splice - but any money at all is a numbers game, you need a lot to make any sort of income! And you’re up against the guys who ARE taking it seriously.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Looking at opening up a live music venue. Profits will come from food and drinks. Recording studios are a privilege, not a source of income IMO. For most, that is. Anything live I’d say

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search