The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Split-earning distributors
Old 10th September 2019
Here for the gear
Split-earning distributors

Recommendations for free or one-time fee alternatives to distrokid that also have automatic payment splitting, e.g. for collabs? Distrokid apparently requires each collaborator to have a subscription and removes tracks if subscriptions are not renewed. Based on an aristake article, options include OneRPM, RouteNote, Soundrop, Stem, Symphonic. Each has cons (e.g. OneRPM/Stem have hurdles to cross; Soundrop/Symphonic are not automatic; RouteNote is slow with a high payment threshold); input from anyone who’s used any of these or others?
Old 19 hours ago
Here for the gear
Currently using ONErpm for collabs and had been using amuse for own tracks, both free but not without their issues.

One thing ONErpm has over amuse (a fair comparison since they're both virtually free) is the timing. I've seen my tracks on iTunes same business day of submission. amuse? 3 weeks at best. Caveat: I've only just started using ONErpm so yet to see if this level of service continues, but at the moment there's no competition in this category. I registered on ONErpm to release collabs due to their automatic split earning feature, but I may use it instead of amuse for non-collabs too now seeing the much faster speed at which it has operated.

amuse also seems inaccurate in their sales reporting. It is currently not accounting for more than 50% of sales months after the transactions, based on tests. Not a good stat.

Now, the advantage my original distributor CDBaby has over all the others I tried - amuse, distrokid, and ONErpm - is the latters' forms are too limited, requiring contacting support and waiting for a response for pretty basic things, especially when multiple artists come into play. For example: More than one primary artist? Contact (amuse). Pull release? Contact (ONErpm). Team member not added due to bug? Contact (ONErpm). Ensure an existing store artist is linked to a collab? Contact (distrokid). Delete or replace an artist? Contact (distrokid, if they let you; otherwise you need to upgrade - just to change the artist name!). I won't be using CDBaby again due to their own issues and costlier service, but these other distributors need to make improvements. There's no perfect distributor, but some have very silly restrictions.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search