The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What's the longest song (not film score) you tracked or mixed?
Old 25th August 2019
Gear Addict
What's the longest song (not film score) you tracked or mixed?

I just finished initial tracking for a long funk song with some jam segments. Once done this song will be over 11 minutes long. I tried finding ways (since I was producing as well) to get the song split into two, but it just couldn't happen. This song is going to be great when done, but holy crap it's exhausting trying to track an 11 minute song. I spent 7 hours tracking it today. There's so much more to come. What's the longest song (not counting film scores or ambient music) that you've ever worked on?
Old 12th September 2019
Lives for gear

10-15 minute songs 5 days a week for a decade...errr i started out as a dance song remixer for club R&B songs..there were a lot of 1/2 tape edits hanging on the wall
Old 12th September 2019
Gear Guru

At this place where I sometimes do live-stream mixing, there's this very authentic folk singer name Roger Parham Brown who has a vast repertoire of honest-to-God folk songs that all seem to go on for days. Many of them not in English. Who knew that "Streets of Laredo" had, like, 14 verses?
Old 3 weeks ago
at university I once recorded a 6 1/2 hour long minimal composition written by an insane professor, no not really but it sounded like a good story.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search