The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Strange work cycles
Old 2nd August 2019
Strange work cycles

It has been a strange summer.

For all of May and June we were extremely busy and even into July we were booked. Comes August and it is just like someone switched off the client access. I know August is a hot month, I know it is when most people take vacations, I know people do not have as much expendable income as they had in the past but the steep drop off was not expected. I am hopeful that with the return of cooler weather things will get back to normal. Usually for us the summer months are down a bit and it builds during September, October and November, slacks off for the holidays and January and then builds during the spring.

Ever hopeful.

FWIW
Old 3rd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
It has been a strange summer.

For all of May and June we were extremely busy and even into July we were booked. Comes August and it is just like someone switched off the client access. I know August is a hot month, I know it is when most people take vacations, I know people do not have as much expendable income as they had in the past but the steep drop off was not expected. I am hopeful that with the return of cooler weather things will get back to normal. Usually for us the summer months are down a bit and it builds during September, October and November, slacks off for the holidays and January and then builds during the spring.

Ever hopeful.

FWIW
And I'm halfway to affording MIDI Guitar 2, holding on with my $50 like I'm on an ice cliff. If I let go, there's a couple plugins on sale but I want MIDI guitar so bad...

Well I hope business picks up for you if it's not your vacation time of the year Thomas.
Old 6th August 2019
Gear Guru

In the best year I ever had, I didn't make a cent in the 4th quarter. Just as well, I needed to recover.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I've monitored this kind of activity in my own business for the last 5 years and I'm seeing some very consistent trends.

The main one for me is from late October through to the end of the year I get really really busy. Many artists I work with seem to put some kind of self-imposed mental deadline on themselves to wrap up their project before the year is out.

I ALWAYS go dead quiet in January. I try to take it easy and not worry about it and use that time to have a break.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search