The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
How did you find your studio space?
Old 27th July 2019
Lives for gear

How did you find your studio space?

Hi all,

I’m at a stage where I need a dedicated space to work. Up until now I have used the entire downstairs (open plan space) of my rented accommodation, which is on a farm just 15-20 minutes from the centre of the city. However there are a few people close by in adjacent barns, and somebody complained today when I was tracking drums (something that I don’t do very often in the grand scheme of things), about 20 minutes in. It was a midday on Saturday. Now I feel quite uneasy working here.

I am a producer, mixer and musician/artist and have a good amount of gear to achieve the results I want, but I am not trying to open a commercial studio, I’m looking for a space for my own private studio. I don’t have a big desk or 15 racks of gear.

I am unsure how to go about finding such a space. In the UK there is Gumtree, which is like craigslist, but there’s nothing near me.

There are also more ‘professional’ websites like Rightmove.com and you can search for commercial properties, but most of the time it’s storage spaces or warehouses or offices and not really anything suitable for my use.

So, how have you guys gone about it?

I will try to ask everybody I know in the scene around me, but I don’t feel like anybody really has any leads. I will also keep an eye out for places to live that feature and outhouse or something like that I will also keep an eye out for places to live that feature and outhouse or something like that.

I’m not in a position to buy a property unfortunately.

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search