The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Reopening my studio, trying to build online presence...
Old 9th July 2019
Here for the gear

Reopening my studio, trying to build online presence...

I've been in the music studio business (primarily rehearsals and recording) for almost 26 years now. Time flies... Over the last few years I've noticed the music industry change and effect my business bottom-line.

I am only now getting into gear creating an online presence to increase traction. My business has run on word of mouth!

It would be great to start a conversation on the music industry in general. Not as many garage bands around these days. Could be more competition in the area but other studios seem to be facing the same issue. There is probably a thread already dedicated to this.

Would love to get some feedback on my website: bankstudios.com.au and any advice for handling the online stuff.
Thanks in advance!
Old 9th July 2019
Lives for gear
Generally, it is a good site.
Things I noticed...
It isn’t clear to me whether your rates are per hour or per four hour session.
The pics of Studio 1 are too dark.
If you can add 360 degree panning pictures, they would give a clearer idea of the layout. As is, you seem to favor pictures that show the logos/paintings. While your intention may simply be to show the best presentation of the rooms, the more suspicious viewer may think the dark pictures and single-direction views may be attempts to hide some deficiencies.
Clearer pictures of the gear, and maybe a “collection” picture of ALL the gear is attractive to “gearhead” clients.
Writing this, I don’t remember anything about mics and mixers. What mics, if any, do you provide? How many singers can your gear accommodate on each session? Maybe you are mostly seeing single-singer groups, but your site may be failing to attract other types.

EDIT: Looking again, I see SM58s advertised.
Old 9th July 2019
Gear Guru

The thing about studios is, they're local. So old-school marketing is what's called for -- work your town, not the world. Having a great site is nice, but kinda secondary until you become a "destination" that clients will travel to.
Old 9th July 2019
Lives for gear
I don’t disagree with Brent, except to the extent that there are few young newbies and “dad bands” birthing every year that are not in any loop of experienced musicians. It doesn’t hurt to have a good net out on the internet to help catch them. And a few of them might become regulars if they get comfortable coming to you.
Old 10th July 2019
Here for the gear

Thanks for the feedback, Exactly what I was after.

I've made the session price clearer, and I tried brightening up room 1's shots but it's just makes them look washed out. Its a dark room anyways, I'll get some better lights and take some more photos. I'll see what I can do about panning shots, I like the idea, not sure about the execution on the site.

Currently working to get single photos of each piece of equipment and placing that on the equipment page, hopefully that will work for our "gearheads" or at least those who what to have a look.

I agree with you Brent also, the majority of my Bands are local mainstays who have been rehearsing in permanent sessions. But it seems i'm starting to miss the "younger newbie" bands and those who don't have connections to my existing clientele.

Having said that, I haven't done too much local advertising for a while. I'm revamping my business cards and I'm planning on taking those down to the local musics shops.

Thanks again for the feedback, really useful info :D

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search