The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Looking to become an assistant
Old 26th June 2019
Here for the gear

Looking to become an assistant

Hello guys,

I am starting to strongly consider writing out and apply for a Mix engineer assistant job. But before I start writing out. I would like to hear you guys opinion.

I have a bachelor in Sound design, and since I graduated, I started freelance besides working full time (repairing apple products).
I have been fortuned and have sniped some midsize names here in Denmark (Go Go Berlin, and Lydmor of latest).
So saving up money and getting some credits, I would like to try the life of an assistant.

I Have also worked as an assistant at a recording studio in Denmark, and I would be open for a recording assistant role, but my skills are not as high level as in mixing.
I am seeking outside Denmark, because the workload in the studios of Denmark is quite low, because of the country's small size.

So any advice, for a wannabe assistant ??
Old 28th June 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman94 View Post
Hello guys,

I am starting to strongly consider writing out and apply for a Mix engineer assistant job. But before I start writing out. I would like to hear you guys opinion.

I have a bachelor in Sound design, and since I graduated, I started freelance besides working full time (repairing apple products).
I have been fortuned and have sniped some midsize names here in Denmark (Go Go Berlin, and Lydmor of latest).
So saving up money and getting some credits, I would like to try the life of an assistant.

I Have also worked as an assistant at a recording studio in Denmark, and I would be open for a recording assistant role, but my skills are not as high level as in mixing.
I am seeking outside Denmark, because the workload in the studios of Denmark is quite low, because of the country's small size.

So any advice, for a wannabe assistant ??
Hi man,

What got me into most of the studios I have worked in was not to apply for an assistant job.

What works best is a trick I call the "Coffee technique", where you ask someone who works in a studio out for a coffee and asks questions about them.

This can lead to pretty cool opportunities because you are making it all about them and this, in turn, can make them interested in you and eventually help you get into the industry.

If you are interested in reading more about this topic feel free to Google Your Audio Solutions (Im not allowed to link to it) and read some articles there

Hope that helps!
Old 29th June 2019
Here for the gear

Sounds like a good idea

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search