The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Do You Record Your Solo Performances & Listen To Them?
Old 4th March 2019
Gear Head

Do You Record Your Solo Performances & Listen To Them?

I am curious as to how many musicians out there record your performances for self critic.

I am working toward doing some solo work, nothing too big... but having just a piano or an acoustic guitar and your voice being recorded... by you... for you... to critic... That could yield a very positive or very negative effect... and I'm curious how many of you do that.
Old 4th March 2019
Lives for gear

Do it all the time!! Best way to see what works and what doesn’t and arrange your songs. I record a basic version and listen to it a lot and the lyrics and cadence ideas will come and I improve things incrementally

Totally a great idea
Old 4th March 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoggin View Post
Do it all the time!! Best way to see what works and what doesn’t and arrange your songs. I record a basic version and listen to it a lot and the lyrics and cadence ideas will come and I improve things incrementally

Totally a great idea
It sounds to me like you are describing the writing process. By what you said it must be. I am talking about live performances in front of people.
Old 4th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryevick View Post
It sounds to me like you are describing the writing process. By what you said it must be. I am talking about live performances in front of people.
To me it’s all the same . Any time you record and listen back to what you’ve done there is something to be gained

IMHO
Old 4th March 2019
Looper pedals can be useful. Can't recall ever using any actual recordings but they're a good writing tool. But to answer the OP's question yes they're also great for self-critique.
Old 4th March 2019
Gear Head

Just to be clear. I am talking about a live solo performance in front of a crowd, singing while playing the piano or an acoustic guitar without any backing tracks, drum machines or looper pedals.

Last edited by ryevick; 4th March 2019 at 07:17 PM..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search