The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
where to send beats/songs for Eminem?
Old 17th October 2018
Here for the gear

where to send beats/songs for Eminem?

does anyone here know who to send beats/songs to for consideration for Eminem?
thanks in advance!
Old 17th October 2018
Again?
Old 17th October 2018
Gear Maniac

You don't.
Old 26th October 2018
That’s not how it works...no semi-successful act is going to accept submissions from just anyone.

You’d need recognised management, a proper publisher and existing credits to even be asked to submit songs or beats to top tier artists.
Old 1st November 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
That’s not how it works...no semi-successful act is going to accept submissions from just anyone.

You’d need recognised management, a proper publisher and existing credits to even be asked to submit songs or beats to top tier artists.
I wouldn't agree with that as most artists do not write anything. Maybe you would have to do the 10° of separation thing but it could end up there.
Old 1st November 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxplayerz View Post
I wouldn't agree with that as most artists do not write anything. Maybe you would have to do the 10° of separation thing but it could end up there.
This doesn't really relate at all to my point. I just said that most, if not all, name artists will not accept unsolicited submissions. IF they're looking for fresh material, their management/label will contact publishers, writer managers and so on that they rate and will ask for submissions. The OP is very naive to the way it works, that's all.

As for artists not writing anything...um...most of the A-list artists I've worked with who have credits as writers do write. Yours is a blanket statement, not based in fact. Have you ever written or worked with any artists on the level of Eminem?
Old 1st November 2018
I think you can send them to his Myspace page

Old 1st November 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
This doesn't really relate at all to my point. I just said that most, if not all, name artists will not accept unsolicited submissions. IF they're looking for fresh material, their management/label will contact publishers, writer managers and so on that they rate and will ask for submissions. The OP is very naive to the way it works, that's all.

As for artists not writing anything...um...most of the A-list artists I've worked with who have credits as writers do write. Yours is a blanket statement, not based in fact. Have you ever written or worked with any artists on the level of Eminem?
Sure it is I mean you could go to the show and hand him a CD whats wrong with that. There's plenty of people that had the hustle that got tunes on the radio.
Old 1st November 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxplayerz View Post
Sure it is I mean you could go to the show and hand him a CD whats wrong with that. There's plenty of people that had the hustle that got tunes on the radio.
Err. So. You think you can go to an Eminem show and “hand him a CD”.

On which planet? Seriously curious! IF you were to meet the guy somehow, sure you could hand someone a “CD”.

Whether they even have the means to play it anymore is another thing.

How precisely do you think you’re going to meet someone to hand them a CD?

It’s quite a bizarre concept - you are aware of the size of these artists right? You don’t exactly do a public meet and greet at stadium gigs.
Old 1st November 2018
Lives for gear

nothing is impossible...but...

Its a camp.

I know several people here who are well entrenched in that camp. Its about networking and relationships. There is a business side to this too. That access has a value and what are you willing to give up to gain that access? Most of the people in that camp are signed to them. There are a select few that are not. For the most part why should they do one of your beats when they have producers that are signed to them where they can get a bigger piece of the pie...even if you beat is hotter? Also, your stuff has to be blazing. No one is going to jeopardize their relationships for mediocre beats just to help you out or give you a shot...just sayin.

There is a business side to this equation that one way or another has to be dealt with. Not trying to discourage you but rather enlighten.

5 or 6 degrees of separation is true. Keep that in mind
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search