The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Unsigned acts : Watch out for these people
Old 9th October 2018
Here for the gear

Unsigned acts : Watch out for these people

Hello

I have an idea of creating a thread where unsigned artists/producers/writers can let others know about any bad experiences they've had with a particular music industry person, anonymously. It wouldn't be about slandering anyone, it'd just be a warning to others, if someone stole from you, or did anything that jeopardised your career, or even worse.

I had an experience with a producer/manager who stole money from me essentially and I found out he did something similar to other naive unsigned artists.

Not sure if this should be a location based thread....

I just wanted to put the idea out there, and see what people think.
Old 9th October 2018
This could get messy very quickly.

Around our studio’s area, we have something similar for artists that don’t pay or cause issues.

... but we keep that info private and professional and between business owners. It’s to prevent theft and keep the bad seeds out.

Doing it on a public forum is not a good idea imo. Too much of it is your word against another person. It could tarnish reputations unnecessarily.
Old 9th October 2018
Deleted User
Well, to get you started, we could put Spotify right smack dab at the top of the list
Old 12th October 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomiBabi View Post
This could get messy very quickly.

Around our studio’s area, we have something similar for artists that don’t pay or cause issues.

... but we keep that info private and professional and between business owners. It’s to prevent theft and keep the bad seeds out.

Doing it on a public forum is not a good idea imo. Too much of it is your word against another person. It could tarnish reputations unnecessarily.
yes i think ultimately this was my fear and i do agree with you

i suppose the only thing i can do is leave it... a small part of me feels guilty that another artist may have to go through what i did with a producer/manager but it seems impossible to prevent it without being slanderous. suppose many others before me have had this dilemma

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search