The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
feelin like a weenie - help Sonar 6 users!
Old 25th November 2006
Lives for gear

feelin like a weenie - help Sonar 6 users!

Ok, I just changed a few folders in the Global settings to make a new hard drive as my default audio foler... easy enough. I've inadvertently done something to the Audio Metronome. The Audio Metronome dialog box no longer lists the sounds that I know are there in my cakewalk 6 folder (presets>metronome)... where in the Options is the box to select which folder Sonar searches for Audio Metronome sounds? I've been searching online and can't find an answer.

Feeling dumb and frustrated in Sarnia.
Old 25th November 2006
Oh, dude, are you gonna hate yourself. heh

I don't have Sonar 6 but in 4 & 5 the default folder for metronome sounds seems to be (with minor and obvious variation):

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\SONAR 5 Producer Edition\Metronome

(Assuming default installation, of course.)

Hey... I'm glad you asked because I had never even realized those were drop down menus full of sounds -- not that I'd, you know, thought about it... but knowing there are a bunch of different sounds might actually provoke me to use the metronome more often, rather than taking the time to find a semi-appropriate pattern.
Old 25th November 2006
Lives for gear

actually i know where the sounds are. it's a simial file structure to sonar 5... the problem is letting the program know where to look. the sounds are there and the structure hasn't changed... what i've done is goofed up something in the global settings... where you tell sonar which folders to search for drum patterns etc... i was hoping someone knew the one connected to the audio metronome sounds.

thanks anyhow!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search