The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Will my PC specs be good enough for Cakewalk Sonar?
Old 14th November 2009
Here for the gear

Will my PC specs be good enough for Cakewalk Sonar?

Hey,

Im planning to improve my sequencer, I wanna switch from Reason to Sonar Producer Edition 8.5

But on there webside, they recommend AMD Phenom 2.4 Ghz Quad-core 9750 and 4 Gig of Ram.

But my computer is only: AMD Phenom 2.3 Ghz Quad-core 9650 and 4 Gig of ram.

Would it run Sonar smoothly anyway? im only a home-producer

Thanks for help!
Old 14th November 2009
Lives for gear

As long as you aren't running tons of plugs and synths, that should be fine. It's about three times the machine I have, and Sonar HSXL runs good. My stuff is fairly simple, though.heh
Old 14th November 2009
Here for the gear

Well my stuff needs to be tweaked alot, and many vst´s will be running, i produce alot of dance music
Old 14th November 2009
Lives for gear

You should be okay. I also went from Reason to Sonar. With that processor you should be able to run a decent amount of plugins. I think you'll be happy with Sonar. It's got some minor niggles, but so does everything else on the planet. Plus you can use Reason in Rewire mode, which is pretty great. Have you thought about just getting the Propellerhead Record software? Since you're already familiar with Reason......Anyway, I think you'll be fine. But I'm not a doctor.
Old 15th November 2009
Lives for gear

You will have no problems with these specs, assuming your interface and mobo chipset get along.
Old 18th November 2009
Here for the gear

I'm currently using a dual-core computer with only 2gb of ram and it's running smoothly!!!
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmarq06 View Post
I'm currently using a dual-core computer with only 2gb of ram and it's running smoothly!!!
Me too!! Sonar 6P.

DaveT
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear