The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Archive track command frees up resources?
Old 19th June 2019
Lives for gear

Archive track command frees up resources?

Hi Sonar useres. I have been using this great software for years and love it.

Recently I started using Nebula again and have to burn in its effects for resource management. So I started making backups of my dry recorded tracks using the consolidate audio tool command, that is nice.

But I also see if I right click each track that inser the MSR heading I can mute and archive each track individually. So I have 2 questions, first, what does MSR stand for, and when I mute then archive a track does that mean the archives track then stops using resources, no cpu?.

Ill always to the consolidat audio anyway just to make sure I have a known backup, but I would like to just clone wack track too, mute it and use archive so ill always have another copy right there in the daw to just unmute and unarchive and start fresh if I want to go back to the start. But if the archived track is still using cpu as if it were playing then that would be counterproductive and I would stop doing that.

Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019
Lives for gear
Mute, Solo, Record is part of the MSR module.
Archiving tracks will free up cpu & so will turning off the audio engine when not in use.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search