The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Cakewalk Playlist not found anywhere else!
Old 9th May 2019
Here for the gear

Cakewalk Playlist not found anywhere else!

I used to love this function on Sonar!

When trying to find another DAW to jump to since Cakewalk is dead.

I'm finding that this function isn't available on most of the big name DAWs!

I guess people don't use DAWs live anymore.

Is anybody aware of any DAWs that have some live playback function?!?!?
It was so cool to have a song from a set list finish and wait patiently for me to slap the space bar to start the next song.

I was particularly bummed that Studio One has no live playback function because that looked like such a great candidate.

Thanks for any help!
Old 9th May 2019
Just a heads up to let you know that the current version of Cakewalk by Bandlab (essentially Sonar by another name but no longer burdened by Gibson ownership -- and FREE!) still has a playlist function. I had never used it in the past but I just tested it now and it seems to work well enough (at least if your project is 'trimmed' so it starts and ends where you want, ie, you don't have unwanted count-ins or dead space at the end).

If you decide to take Bandlab up on the free update/upgrade, I would definitely recommend keeping your old installation and creating a new, CW/BL one. I always did that with previous CW/Sonar updates and upgrades and I was never sorry -- and definitely glad once or twice.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search