The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Staff View > Chords > Chord Properties > Finger/Thumb option not showing???
Old 18th March 2019
Here for the gear

Staff View > Chords > Chord Properties > Finger/Thumb option not showing???

I don't understand that in Staff View > Chords > Chord Properties the Finger/Thumb option. When I try to use this feature it does not show a number (1 thru 4) or a (T) for thumb when trying to place on grid it just shows a black dot. What is the purpose of the Finger/Thumb option if it is only going to place a black dot on the grid?

I am using Cakewalk Version 2018.11 (Build 31,64)

Kind regards,
yeto
Old 18th March 2019
Gear Nut

I'm not at my pc at the moment. But I believe that option effects the printed tab or score?
Old 18th March 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SluttyMcSlut View Post
I'm not at my pc at the moment. But I believe that option effects the printed tab or score?
Yes, I think it is only to help someone understand the fingering for a particular guitar chord but it doesn't seem to be working. If I click to use finger 1, instead of showing a number 1, it is just showing a black dot. I must be doing something out of sequence or something. I can't get the grid to display finger numbers or a "T" for thumb.

Thank you,
yeto
Old 19th March 2019
Gear Nut

I just checked it and I get the same results as you. I suspected that it may have only been a display option for when you print out the score or tab. But by the looks of it in print preview, it only displays the dots. It might be a bug? It does seem weird to have those options but no effect resulting from them.
Old 19th March 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SluttyMcSlut View Post
I just checked it and I get the same results as you. I suspected that it may have only been a display option for when you print out the score or tab. But by the looks of it in print preview, it only displays the dots. It might be a bug? It does seem weird to have those options but no effect resulting from them.
Thank you for taking time to take a look at this. I was hoping I was doing something incorrectly as this would be a cool feature to have. Maybe it will get corrected in future releases.

Again, thank you,
yeto
Old 30th March 2019
Lives for gear

Cakewalks Notation feature is well known to be very poorly implemented. It is not it's strongest feature. We recommend people score in proper notation software, then export as a midi file to use in Cakewalk. You wouldn't want to use it for Video editing either when you could be using Vegas. They added way to many features and some are not fleshed out. They are only a convenience for basic work.
Old 31st March 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyv View Post
Cakewalks Notation feature is well known to be very poorly implemented. It is not it's strongest feature. We recommend people score in proper notation software, then export as a midi file to use in Cakewalk. You wouldn't want to use it for Video editing either when you could be using Vegas. They added way to many features and some are not fleshed out. They are only a convenience for basic work.
Thank you. I appreciate your help.

yeto

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search