The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cakewalk Sonar Producer Midi Controller Issues DAW Software
Old 16th December 2018
Here for the gear

Cakewalk Sonar Producer Midi Controller Issues

Help please. I am running Cakewalk Sonar Producer and have 2 M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 Midi USB controllers. I am using Kontakt. My "goal" is to be able to place both of the midi controllers at the same time, having one mapped to midi channel 1 and the other mapped to midi channel 2 and both routed to Kontakt softsynth inside Sonar. The problem I am having is that Cakewalk sees both controllers and and when I check the box in midi preferences to make both active, I get an error msg saying the controller is already in use. It's like because they are both the same exact controller, cakewalk is seeing them as one. Any ideas on how to solve this?
Old 16th December 2018
Lives for gear
Perhaps the problem is that each Keystation needs to be allocated as a different port. Each MIDI port has 16 channels, so KS1-chans1-thru-16, KS2-chans1-thru-16 are separate ranges. From your description, I imagined/concluded that you have KS1-chan1, KS1-chan2, and that's why Sonar is complaining. Does that help?
Old 25th December 2018
Here for the gear

Thanks for the help. How do I go about assigning the 2nd keystation to a 2nd range of 1-16 midi port? Thanks again for your help.

Steve
Old 30th December 2018
Gear Head

Maybe try using the usb on only one of the controllers, but connect the two controllers with MIDI cable.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search