The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Reconfigure Sonar? DAW Software
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Reconfigure Sonar?

Greetings and salutations!!!

I’ll start off saying that I am NOT a recording pro. I do it as a hobby for myself and family members only. (Family members are great for stroking one’s ego)

My “studio” (small spare bedroom) contains:

Sonar Platinum
Roland JV-1010 MIDI module
Ketron SD 2 MIDI module
Mackie Audio interface
Roland PC-200 Mark ll MIDI controller keyboard.
Alesis studio monitors

As you can see, most of my gear is ancient. However, for what I’m doing it serves me just fine.

My question pertains to the Roland JV-1010. As old as it is, it still has a lot of great sounds. I was surfing eBay the other day and came across the expansion board that can be installed, giving me even more great sounds. This board was a rare find considering how old the module is. Also, the price is right… $40.

When I install the board do I have to remove the “instrument” (ins) out of Sonar and then reinstall it? Or will Sonar see the new board without having to do the reinstall? I know that removing and putting the ins file isn’t a big job but thought I would ask before doing it.

Much thanks!!!
Old 1 week ago
JAT
Lives for gear
I would say no, but I’m not not sure what you are asking. The Roland is just another synth.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search