The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Sequences & tracks don't load when using the MPC plugin in Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk
Old 20th April 2018
Here for the gear

Sequences & tracks don't load when using the MPC plugin in Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk

Sonar Platinum, and its successor Cakewalk, are free right now so I'm trying them out. I used to track out into Sonar 8. Anyway, when I load MPC as a plugin, any project I try to load in MPC refuses to load any Tracks Or Sequences & say "unused" in their place. Programs all load up fine.
Also, my older projects work fine. I don't remember when I got 2.0, but presumably, it's the 1.9.6.1 projects that load ok, and 2.0 + that don't. I'm on 2.2 now, but i tried with 2.1 and got the same result. I don't want to go any lower due to compatibility issues with existing projects. I've tried running Sonar & Cakewalk as administrator, that doesn't work either.

Any Ideas? I really like how low the CPU usage is in Cakewalk and the Pro Channels are pretty good.

Sonar Platinum & Cakewalk are basically identical, but SPLAT won't be updated anymore. Everything I tried, I tried in both with the exact same results. Thank you for your time!
Old 20th April 2018
Here for the gear

I figured out something late last night: After I load the main project file, to get the Tracks & Sequences to load up, I can load the .sxq file out of the project folder, and it works. The programs are already in place. Kinda a PITA, though. There has to be some reason this is happening, I'm just stumped.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search