The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sonar 8 (ancient I know) Bounce Question
Old 18th April 2018
Lives for gear
Sonar 8 (ancient I know) Bounce Question

I am desperately hoping some old Sonar sage can help me. I used to use Sonar 8 as my Daw years ago. I have a ton of old projects full of various sketches and rough demos that I would like to bounce to audio so I could catalog and reference them. The problem is that I can't for the life of me figure out how to set a "bounce range" in the export audio menu. The reason I need this is that in many of my projects, the part I want to bounce is somewhere in the middle of the project (not at the beginning and not the whole thing). In other DAW's you just set a loop range and then bounce the loop, but in Sonar 8 I can't find such an option. In the export audio menu as stated before, there is nowhere to set a range. And when you bounce, it bounces everything from the beginning of the project to the very last clip.
I know it is a shot in the dark asking for help with such an old software version but if there is anyone that knows, anyone that remembers, that would be amazing! Thanks.
Old 18th April 2018
In the timeline above the tracks, where you see the measure numbers, just select the range you want to export, or type the values into the "FROM:" and "TO:" boxes. This sets the range. From there, you export the audio as you normally would.

If that doesn't work, let me know, and I'll ask a friend who still has Sonar 8.5.

Steve
Old 18th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowsOfLife View Post
In the timeline above the tracks, where you see the measure numbers, just select the range you want to export, or type the values into the "FROM:" and "TO:" boxes. This sets the range. From there, you export the audio as you normally would.

If that doesn't work, let me know, and I'll ask a friend who still has Sonar 8.5.

Steve
Wow, thanks for the incredibly quick response.
You've pointed me in the right direction and I think I've finally got it. I don't see any "From" and "To" boxes anywhere (definitely not in the export menu which is where I always expected them to be). But highlighting the time line works (as long as all the tracks I want to bounce are selected). Then the export range is shown in the header of the export window (which is obviously not an input field) and I can bounce (or export) just that section.
Seems so simple now but it just doesn't work in the way I am used to so I just couldn't figure it out. Anyway, I can't thank you enough for the help!
Old 18th April 2018
No worries, my friend--glad I could help!

You'll find the "FROM:" and "TO:/THRU:" under Edit | Select (at least, that's where they are in Sonar Platinum). There are also keyboard shortcuts to set the range, though they vary depending upon which version of Sonar you're using. Check the "Help" menu for keyboard shortcuts, and you'll be all set.

Steve
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search