The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Does Cakewalk have a stationary/center cursor option?
Old 13th April 2018
Lives for gear

Does Cakewalk have a stationary/center cursor option?

I've been playing around with the Bandlab free Cakewalk. Looking for a stationary cursor option like Cubase/Sound Forge etc have. A centered cursor is often less distracting to me.

Does CW have the option?
Old 15th April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoodle View Post
I've been playing around with the Bandlab free Cakewalk. Looking for a stationary cursor option like Cubase/Sound Forge etc have. A centered cursor is often less distracting to me.

Does CW have the option?
Not precisely sure what you're looking for.

If one taps the computer keyboard's scroll lock button (ScrLk) the display will stop scrolling. Tap it again and the display will jump to the current location and begin scrolling again.

Similarly, if one clicks the mouse into a track, the display will stop scrolling. Easiest way to get it to start again is to cycle the scroll lock key through the on/off cycle (in other words, tap it twice)

The scroll lock key status is remembered after starting and stopping playback. (But the 'temporary' scroll lock from clicking in the track area is reset after stopping and restarting play; just to keep things interesting. )
Old 15th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 View Post
Not precisely sure what you're looking for.

If one taps the computer keyboard's scroll lock button (ScrLk) the display will stop scrolling. Tap it again and the display will jump to the current location and begin scrolling again.

Similarly, if one clicks the mouse into a track, the display will stop scrolling. Easiest way to get it to start again is to cycle the scroll lock key through the on/off cycle (in other words, tap it twice)

The scroll lock key status is remembered after starting and stopping playback. (But the 'temporary' scroll lock from clicking in the track area is reset after stopping and restarting play; just to keep things interesting. )
Thanks. That's not what I mean by stationary cursor with the waveform itself moving past (and no continual screen rewrites) but... having not used the scroll lock key for years, I did try that and got some interesting hiccups and hip hopping of the cursor. Can't use that effect but it was a pleasant few seconds experiment
Old 15th April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoodle View Post
Thanks. That's not what I mean by stationary cursor with the waveform itself moving past (and no continual screen rewrites) but... having not used the scroll lock key for years, I did try that and got some interesting hiccups and hip hopping of the cursor. Can't use that effect but it was a pleasant few seconds experiment

My cursor behaved reasonably well -- but I did find it slightly unnerving when, in scroll lock, it moved to the end of the current window and stopped while inside the window, rather than 'disappearing' out of it. Functionally, it's not a problem, but my eyes are not expecting it. That said, I seldom -- make that almost never -- use the scroll lock feature.

However, now that I know I can click into a 'moving' timeline window and have that window automatically stop scrolling (as when one is listening to a track and hears something on a particular spot he needs to deal with), I probably WILL be using that functionality -- because I'm always hearing little troubling bits when I listen to my tracks, seems like.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search