The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cakewalk Bandlab Bugs DAW Software
Old 9th April 2018
Gear Nut

Cakewalk Bandlab Bugs

Currently creating accounts to enable access to the Cakewalk forum is disabled so here will have to do in reporting bugs.

Marker becomes stuck... and clicking on the stuck marker head and pulling it shows some weird results..

See youtube screen capture video below for demonstration.

YouTube

Additional Info - No prior installation of any Cakewalk Sonar Software.

My Setup.

Coolermaster Scout Case.

Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium.

64 Bit-Intel I7 920 CPU @3.57GHz,
(with a Zalman CNPS10X Extreme CPU Cooler)

Gigabyte EX58 UD5 Motherboard.

16 Gigs of DDR3 1600 Kingston Ram.

Geforce Pailt GTS 250 1 Gig Graphics Card.

Dual 1080P capable LED Monitors.

Focusrite Pro 14 Audio Interface

Last edited by scottym; 10th April 2018 at 05:29 PM..
Old 10th April 2018
Lives for gear

I've only worked with this for 30 minutes or so but right off the bat I've experienced several bugs.

When I open Cakewalk the New Project screen is blank - no options for creating a new project! I closed this screen and then was able to start a new project from the File menu. (screenshot 1 attached)

Then a few minutes later I simply moved a warp marker in the track and the entire waveform disappeared (screenshot 2).

I will give this another go later but if this is representative of all the bugs some of you folks have complained about I don't see much future for it in my studio.
Attached Thumbnails
Cakewalk Bandlab Bugs-capture.jpg   Cakewalk Bandlab Bugs-capture2.jpg  

Last edited by Nonlinear; 10th April 2018 at 07:35 PM..
Old 11th April 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonlinear View Post
I've only worked with this for 30 minutes or so but right off the bat I've experienced several bugs.

When I open Cakewalk the New Project screen is blank - no options for creating a new project! I closed this screen and then was able to start a new project from the File menu. (screenshot 1 attached)

Then a few minutes later I simply moved a warp marker in the track and the entire waveform disappeared (screenshot 2).

I will give this another go later but if this is representative of all the bugs some of you folks have complained about I don't see much future for it in my studio.
I've not encountered the issue you've highlighted...and I'm beginning to think that these graphical errors are due to the revision of OpenGL that Cakewalk has implemented and thus older graphic cards are having issues. The current graphics card I have is pretty much the spec of a GTX 8800 of 2008/2009...which up until this point, hasn't had any problems like this with any daw I've used with it. Atm I'm on the verge of buying a new graphic's card in any case as I'm also doing bigger projects in 3D modelling, and video production. Hopefully..this plan will kill many birds with one stone..and those experienced with Cakewalk Bandlab.
Old 11th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottym View Post
Currently creating accounts to enable access to the Cakewalk forum is disabled so here will have to do in reporting bugs.

Marker becomes stuck... and clicking on the stuck marker head and pulling it shows some weird results..

See youtube screen capture video below for demonstration.

YouTube

Additional Info - No prior installation of any Cakewalk Sonar Software.

My Setup.

Coolermaster Scout Case.

Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium.

64 Bit-Intel I7 920 CPU @3.57GHz,
(with a Zalman CNPS10X Extreme CPU Cooler)

Gigabyte EX58 UD5 Motherboard.

16 Gigs of DDR3 1600 Kingston Ram.

Geforce Pailt GTS 250 1 Gig Graphics Card.

Dual 1080P capable LED Monitors.

Focusrite Pro 14 Audio Interface
I was trying to see the status of the 'Smart Tool' as you were moving the mouse, but I couldn't follow because of the speed of movement. I've run Sonar on some pretty low-end equipment (and high end), so I won't immediately look to your hardware as source of issues. My first impressions are related to whether mouse mode or the text magnification settings are causing some trouble.

PM me with some details and I'll see if something can be done to get past this.
Old 11th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:

When you click on 'New Project' you're supposed to see the list of default 6 or so templates that are the in the Cakewalk Core/Project Templates folder. If not, then there's some corruption of installation or missing stuff.

Take a look around to ensure that you can find where the .cwt files are. That may give a clue about what happened to your installation.

I haven't done a project yet with the new Cakewalk by BandLab, but I have *many* fine, stable, well-behaved projects in Sonar Platinum. I hope your first impressions don't remain as a permanent issue.
Old 11th April 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaGary View Post
I was trying to see the status of the 'Smart Tool' as you were moving the mouse, but I couldn't follow because of the speed of movement. I've run Sonar on some pretty low-end equipment (and high end), so I won't immediately look to your hardware as source of issues. My first impressions are related to whether mouse mode or the text magnification settings are causing some trouble.

PM me with some details and I'll see if something can be done to get past this.
Not sure if this will help but here's how things went the first time I recorded the behaviour.. but in any case it's becoming regular thing whenever I try and use Cakewalk Bandlab... YouTube

I use a wide range of software from Cinema 4D R11.5 to Photoshop CS6, Reason 7, Studio One 3.5...and video editors like Davici Resolve 12.5 | Fusion 9 / HitFilm... ect.. and even the same setting for playing Battlefield 3 with my Anker Laser Precision mouse... no issues there.

Running at 1080P resolution and haven't touched the operating systems scaling stuff that one might do if running a 4K screen. I thought you meant font scaling in Cakewalk itself but I've not found any option within it unless it's a hidden key shortcut thing I don't know about.
Old 13th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

Not a bug....it's user error. Two tips for you-

Edit/preferences/file/advanced.............. check out what happens when you click "use default template".....and/or......"show start screen" options

Restart Cakewalk.

Voila.
Old 13th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaGary View Post
When you click on 'New Project' you're supposed to see the list of default 6 or so templates that are the in the Cakewalk Core/Project Templates folder. If not, then there's some corruption of installation or missing stuff.
I think it's just the two settings on the edit/preferences/file/advanced area that I mentioned may not be checked. I can duplicate that guy's blank screen too when the preference startup tabs aren't correctly set.

Setting them correctly then does reveal the various templates.... which some users may prefer to not deal with. I'm still deciding whether to leave that turned off. I may prefer to start new projects from a blank screen and the way upper left side "new". Haven't decided yet.
Old 25th April 2018
YTP
Here for the gear

Audio FX Plugins Pane Not Working

The Audio FX Plugins Pane on the far right does not display my FX VST's but instead my Instrument VST's just like the Instruments tab. Cakewalk has scanned and found most all of my FX's and they are available on each channel in the Track View. Screenshots below.
Attached Thumbnails
Cakewalk Bandlab Bugs-audio-fx.jpg   Cakewalk Bandlab Bugs-instruments.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search