The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sonar Display Lag Windows XP
Old 4th March 2020
Sonar Display Lag Windows XP

I'm getting a fairly recurrent small delay (@1 second sometimes) in Midi rendering using several versions of Cakewalk or Sonar. I'll hit record, play something via a hardware midi synth, hit stop then there can be a slight delay before it appears visually as a colored block. I don't remember this previously. I remember recordings displaying immediately. I just put together an old Optiplex with a super scaled down version of Win XP SP3. Running Motu hardware for Audio and Midi via a firewire and parallel port respectively. Not sure if I'm barking up the wrong tree and this could be a display adapter issue? No latency or any of that to speak of and any setting I play with on that front make no difference. The system is intentionally overpowered for what I'm doing with it so not sure what's going on here as sometimes it's fine and tracks appear instantly. Length or complexity of what's played has no bearing nor do pedal controls etc. It's every third time or so then mostly just at random that it will just get lazy in actually posting what I just recorded.
Old 5th March 2020
It's fine for the most part there's no delay with anything. Audio is clear and zero latency issues etc.i noticed tonight it's just a random small delay here or there even with three transport returning after I hit stop after playing a part. Just random and sparing program sluggishness. Is it just like this? Maybe giving background scheduling first up or some other tweaker trick I haven't tried yet would help?
Old 5th March 2020
Never mind got it. I forgot about some new gear I swapped in recently and had yet to switch off internal clocks on those synths. There ghost on the machine is now gone so remember kids, check your gear first. Hope this helps someone some day.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear