The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Side Address Dynamics for Vox?

Thanks guys. Nice suggestions. FOr sake of completeness I've also found the Cad D80 and Sennheiser e609 and e906. Decisions. Decisions.

View Post

CAD D80 dynamic, large diaphram side address microphone

Ordered a CAD D80 to check it out... been using E609's to mic guitar cabs. Came across this thread trying to see what others have been sayin about the D80. Nice to be able to hear some comparisons, but they miss the point of the D80... like the E609 & E906 it's a super-cardoid...

View Post

Weathervane Multitracks - J Pope and the HearNow

...se ribbon pointed toward the amp and a fathead with null toward amp in blumlein configuration as well as a cad D80 close up on the edge of the cone. After hearing this reamped I found it phasey and not great so I repositioned for.... Chrm_gtr which went through the same as the main...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Product Description

The D80 Large Diaphragm Moving Coil Dynamic Microphone from Cad Audio is used for capturing audio for live sound for applications such as stage, theater, rehearsals, and more. The D80 is a large diaphragm moving coil dynamic microphone that delivers a reminiscent, yet updated sound profile you would look for in a dynamic microphone. The D80 has a tight supercardioid polar pattern while supplying a high output. This provides a good level of performance on even the loudest stages.