The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussions

Passive EQ shoot out...

...your advice so far, I can definitely try out the PassEQ & a MP. I'd like to get the elusive Buzz REQ-2.2 in as well (Larry it sounds promising!). Gyraf will be impossible to try without buying as would EAR. Yes of course, nothing is ever cut & dry... it just seems that...

View Post

HCL Thermos

...choice for any precision work and really should compliment any other more colorful EQ. I've been using it together with a Buzz REQ-2.2, Michelangelo, and a Pultec, and it works with any of them nicely. I was getting fantastic vocal sounds pairing it with the Pultec and it feels like a yin/yang compliment for...

View Post

Best Harmonics Generating Tools Of Various Types For Mastering

...I still find myself really preferring HW. Louder Than Liftoff Silver Bullet Handcrafted Labs Varis Gyraf G23-S TKAudio BC2-ME (Class A output stage) Buzz REQ-2.2: the transformer saturation doesn't always help but can potentially do great things to the low end in the first 3 positions. Besides some harmonics in the low end, there's a resonant peak in...

View Post