The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Buchla Thunder is one of many in the family of MIDI controllers consisting of tactile control surfaces, which are manipulated by hand. The Thunder features a touch-plate array of fifty separate regions, or keys. Keys are sensitive to the contact, pressure, and location of a player's fingers. The player can assign parameters to produce a desired output. Thunder is a pure MIDI controller, with no internal sound generator of its own.

Discussions

Hypothetical synthesizer

...bit waves and in particular wave samples from nature: hundreds of loops and one shot samples of sea waves, rain, thunder, animal sounds, whale sounds, lava blubber, snowstorms, howling wind, trees rustling etc.etc.etc. Each oscillator would have its own filter with resonance (6 to 48 DB), its own envelopes for VCF and VCA, each...

View Post

NAMM 2019 - Your Predictions, Rumors and Desires...

...hybrids -Arturia MicroFreak: this thing is AMAZING. And the price... -Elektron Model:Samples: It looks good, and the interfase look pretty agile -Sensel Buchla Thunder: I'm completely in love with the idea of a $300 buchla thunder. I would have love more digital/hybrid polysynths, but for small, cheap things, this was pretty good.

View Post

A post NAMM confession

The Arturia Microfreak, Behringer Pro 1, RD – 808 and Behringer MS – 101 and the Akai Force are the winners at this NAMM show, in my opinion. If you observe your list, most of these synths are relative small, and this is going to be the new trend. People love to build small hardware...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?