The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Bruce Swedien

Options
Views: 6,857
24th November 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

To My Darling Gearslutz All..... Tomorrow is our last day together for awhile... I am going to be moving on to some very...

Bruce Swedien
replies: 23 views: 57,182
The dman 30th September 2006

Here's my basic inventory of Microphones..... Of course this does not include the vintage mikes that I keep such as: (4) ...

Bruce Swedien
replies: 10 views: 29,240
Damian Taylor 30th September 2006

You were a young engineer in the late days of Mono and early days of Stereo. You must have some great stories from those early...

NetworkAudio
replies: 1 views: 16,285
Bruce Swedien 29th September 2006

Hi there folks, I'm Booshy from the Netherlands. 35 years old - maker of noize some people call music. Do I know who Bruce...

boosh
replies: 4 views: 13,160
Bruce Swedien 29th September 2006

First of hello Bruce S. Glad to see you hear. I'm a huge fan of your work with Michael J. and loved your book. I'm also a big...

M2E
replies: 5 views: 21,154
M2E 29th September 2006

Please Mr. Bruce swedien ...i am going to mix the record ... can i ask you to take a little time to discuss together about this...

Julien Apruzzese
replies: 9 views: 15,310
PRobb 29th September 2006

Hi Bruce! Very interesting readings, and a huge thanks for letting us all feel the atmosphere of recording with giants. I...

beatbed
replies: 6 views: 24,945
gyom 28th September 2006

Bruce -- In another thread you wrote, "I NEVER SAID THAT I LIKE OR WOULD EVEN USE A SHURE SM7B!!!! One of my favorite...

Mike Jasper
replies: 3 views: 37,596
Mike Jasper 28th September 2006

To All my dear Gearslutz.... Here is a photo of the 'Thriller" - Outboard gear for the mix... Try and identify all...

Bruce Swedien
replies: 18 views: 41,888
synthetic 28th September 2006

hi everybody and hi bruce swedien, i cannot believe this forum is existing, this is just like a dream come true to read this...

Felix R.
replies: 2 views: 22,591
synthetic 28th September 2006

Hi Bruce This story is a bit vague for me, if you have the time can you please elaborate? EDIT: forgot my name bumpkin...

jonutarr
replies: 4 views: 26,285
Paul David 28th September 2006

My Darling Gearslutz All...... Well we just wrapped up our pre-production meetings on my new video -- *"MIXING WITH...

Bruce Swedien
replies: 7 views: 27,733
Rockastle 28th September 2006

>The Acusonic Recording Process< _________________________________________________________________ When Quincy...

Bruce Swedien
replies: 5 views: 31,929
Bruce Swedien 27th September 2006

Recording and Mixing "Billie Jean".... The year is 1982. The song is "Billie Jean". The sonic image of...

Bruce Swedien
replies: 14 views: 108,561
the grinch 27th September 2006

There are seven people, in my life, that have had a profound effect on what I have accomplished musically. I will mention them...

Bruce Swedien
replies: 19 views: 23,813
frugalpole 27th September 2006

Here's a recent photo, in my old studio(That doesn't exist anymore), of me and my Neve 1084's... They sound better than they...

Bruce Swedien
replies: 17 views: 27,539
Sanchez 27th September 2006

Hey Bruce, So if you're not using compression, or not a lot, I can imagine you'll be having a lot of dynamic range in your...

lawrence_o
replies: 45 views: 38,751
eyesore 27th September 2006

Hello Bruce, I remember reading on Harmony-Central that you were putting together an article about recording in smaller rooms,...

Geert van den Berg
replies: 3 views: 19,157
eyesore 26th September 2006

i've read before that you designed a kick drum cover and a baffle to put between the hat and snare. would you mind commenting on...

blackbox
replies: 11 views: 32,364
SoundEng1 26th September 2006

Hi Bruce, First of all thank you for all your posts and replies! I heard a rumor that on the earlier Michael Jackson albums...

jpupo74
replies: 1 views: 14,030
Bruce Swedien 26th September 2006

I’d like to share something with you that I find absolutely fascinating! ...

Bruce Swedien
replies: 4 views: 20,787
BoW 26th September 2006

The inevitable is apon us wworried - with this section of the forum coming to an end on October the 1st my question to you is -...

saggsy
replies: 3 views: 11,564
stevep 26th September 2006

Last Night i recorded a Band without any compresson. in the beginning it was really tricky to find a way to control the...

Mixary
replies: 1 views: 20,106

Hello Bruce In another thread you mentioned that you use the waves plugin desser I'm very curious as to what other plugins...

Seti808
replies: 1 views: 18,021

Hi Bruce I know you're a big fan of recording in stereo - as am I!! When you're recording single instrument overdubs, do you...

Dr Funk
replies: 23 views: 19,282
wyomingbound 26th September 2006

Hey Bruce, I've read all of your threads on the use of compression on recordings. You are adament about riding the fader and...

AlbatrossAudio
replies: 2 views: 15,564
AlbatrossAudio 26th September 2006

Hi Bruce: It is great having you here. My question is this: What was your mind set when you first started? When you bought...

skip bitmin
replies: 2 views: 12,159
Mark Ettel 26th September 2006

Bruce, You've been around a long time, and I'm sure have seen some tremendous changes in the industry. My question is, has there...

djui5
replies: 7 views: 11,734
mtstudios@charter 25th September 2006

Hi Bruce, you mentioned the advent of tape-machines and new possibility of nonlinear recording and editing. When working with...

pan
replies: 3 views: 11,879
pan 25th September 2006

All..... Has anyone here ever wondered about this - What is the effect on the choir in “Man In The Mirror”? - I have...

Bruce Swedien
replies: 20 views: 19,506
paulsheerin 25th September 2006

Hi Bruce, and thanks in advance. Just curious, it is well documented that Michael Jackson's vocals were recorded with an SM7,...

Steve G
replies: 6 views: 30,977
Larrchild 25th September 2006

hello bruce, one simple question concerning the re-issues of the "thriller" and "off the wall" albums, what...

teleric
replies: 4 views: 14,534
russrags 24th September 2006

djui5 sez--------------->Mixing without compression is like partying without alcohol. Revolution 06' "I thought we...

Bruce Swedien
replies: 68 views: 73,079
synthetic 24th September 2006

Bruce amazing favorite song in Thiller. Love the way jackson sings it. I would like to ask i heard at the time his singing coach...

spektor
replies: 2 views: 15,782
spektor 24th September 2006

Hi Bruce In your career you must have worked many ways, with a conductor leading an orchestra, with jazz band leaders who lead...

Jules
replies: 11 views: 15,091
lucey 24th September 2006

Bruce, Thanks for rockin with us here, it is very informative. I've got a quick question on how the clean guitar sound on...

Mark Warren
replies: 21 views: 40,954
MicroSonic 23rd September 2006

Gearslutz All..... In my mixes, it’s important for me to have a little patch of “Blue Sky”, (A bit of absolute sonic...

Bruce Swedien
replies: 9 views: 12,164
PapillonIrl 23rd September 2006

Hi mr Swedien Thank you for so many amusing and entertaining articles here on Gearslutz. Now, I seem to recall me reading an...

sedohr
replies: 2 views: 12,581
russrags 23rd September 2006

Hi Bruce, You have a very balanced and focused attitude about production. I'd guess that a lot of what you do comes from how...

Gavin
replies: 5 views: 11,854
Rockastle 23rd September 2006

Gearslutz All....... I think a little explanation of how my Music Recording Personality works is in order.... You must admit...

Bruce Swedien
replies: 9 views: 13,076
picksail 23rd September 2006

Hi Bruce, I know that while recording Thriller, you built a 12" square baffle made of plywood and mumetal to separate the...

Rockastle
replies: 4 views: 16,304
Rockastle 23rd September 2006

Hey Bruce...it's me again. I was wondering...while working on Thriller, did you ever have the feeling that "this album...

Big 3rd
replies: 1 views: 13,602
Bruce Swedien 22nd September 2006

Mr. Swedien, Realizing there are many variables that will change this per project - but on average how much time do you spend...

csiking
replies: 1 views: 13,575

Hi Mr. Swedien, Many new mics have come out of cheaper processes of producing mics from China or less expensive processes that...

MSR74
replies: 1 views: 11,144

Hi Bruce...first of all let me say I really respect your past work as well as what you are doing here for us, you are a great...

af_analog
replies: 1 views: 13,884

To All my dear Gearslutz.... Here is the 'Thriller"-Intro Track sheet... Anybody notice anything unusual about...

Bruce Swedien
replies: 50 views: 31,707
Levi 21st September 2006

to my Darling Gearslutz.... I like to make a mix that you can step in to, and walk around in!!! Bruce Swedien boing ...

Bruce Swedien
replies: 4 views: 15,242
boosh 21st September 2006

Hey, Bruce, First of all, thanks for taking the time to do this. I think this has the potential to be an amazing learning...

blackbox
replies: 7 views: 14,807
Renie 21st September 2006

howdy I am a big fan Do you use digital machines for recording? have you used the Radar 24 or anything else? What do you...

JOHN
replies: 5 views: 16,504
studjo 20th September 2006

Hi Bruce, I the case of Ld Vx, in general, do you prefer delay to reverb or both? Do you mostly use short reflection? Over...

mtstudios@charter
replies: 2 views: 12,303
theblotted 20th September 2006

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search