The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DA/AD converters for kings? Digital Converters
Old 27th September 2006
  #1
Gear Head
 
beatbed's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
DA/AD converters for kings?

Hi Bruce!

Very interesting readings, and a huge thanks for letting us all feel the atmosphere of recording with giants. I feel my question might be like asking the king of a beautiful country how he manage the infrastructure, but still, I find it important so here goes:

Reading your posts it's quite clear that you strive for a natural sound, and one important part for that is the AD/DA converters, and to get some pointers from a man who was in the industry when it went from analogue to digital(and delivers some of the most beautifully sounding recordings to date) would be pure Christmas!

I know, "Use my ears!" but I can't do that with all the converters out there, so if you could mention some you find good or natural, Please, reply
Thanks!


Best regards,
Linus Öhman
Old 28th September 2006
  #2
Viking
 
Bruce Swedien's Avatar
 

UNIVERSAL AUDIO-2192

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatbed View Post
Hi Bruce!

Very interesting readings, and a huge thanks for letting us all feel the atmosphere of recording with giants. I feel my question might be like asking the king of a beautiful country how he manage the infrastructure, but still, I find it important so here goes:

Reading your posts it's quite clear that you strive for a natural sound, and one important part for that is the AD/DA converters, and to get some pointers from a man who was in the industry when it went from analogue to digital(and delivers some of the most beautifully sounding recordings to date) would be pure Christmas!

I know, "Use my ears!" but I can't do that with all the converters out there, so if you could mention some you find good or natural, Please, reply
Thanks!


Best regards,
Linus Öhman
Linus.....

UNIVERSAL AUDIO-2192 Master Audio Interface -
stereo A->D & D->A converter.

Apogee-PSX-100 - Special Edition - stereo A->D & D->A converter.


There they are....

The UNIVERSAL AUDIO-2192 is head and shoulders above anything else....

Bruce Swedien


Old 28th September 2006
  #3
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Swedien View Post
Apogee-PSX-100 - Special Edition - stereo A->D & D->A converter.



you like it better then the new apogee stuff?
Old 28th September 2006
  #4
And with an endorsement like that they'll be triple the price in three weeks.
Old 28th September 2006
  #5
Gear Head
 
beatbed's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Perfect!

Now I know what I've been saving my money for!
Thanks and as they said back in the day,
Må Tor och Odin vara med dig!

Old 28th September 2006
  #6
Viking
 
Bruce Swedien's Avatar
 

Tak ska DU har!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatbed View Post
Now I know what I've been saving my money for!
Thanks and as they said back in the day,
Må Tor och Odin vara med dig!

Tak ska DU har!!!!

The Platinum Viking!!!


Old 28th September 2006
  #7
Gear Nut
 
gyom's Avatar
 

Hello Mr Swedien,
It's very interesting to know that you use the UA 2192.
Do you use them for your Protools outputs to your desk?
So you need 24 UA 2192 to obtain 48 tracks?

thanks a lot,
Gyom thomas.
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Surfman / Newbie audio engineering + production question zone
11
ToeJamFootball / The Good News Channel
2
tune_smith / So much gear, so little time
21
ToddF / High end
4
hollywood_steve / So much gear, so little time
6

Forum Jump
Forum Jump