The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
what happened with Prince on "Bad"
Old 14th September 2006
Gear addict

what happened with Prince on "Bad"

Quote:
1987 saw the potential for two of pop’s biggest stars coming together to perform a duet. Michael Jackson talked with Prince about performing a duet together for the title track of his new album Bad. Prince liked the idea, seeing as Jackson was his main rival in pop stardom, so he agreed to it. However, Jackson and Prince ended up having creative differences in the lyrics and beats for the song. Finally, Prince left the project when he thought Jackson wasn’t making the song dark enough. Jackson ended up cutting the title track for the album on his own, and it went to number one on the charts[2].
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_%28musician%29

Hi Bruce
This story is a bit vague for me, if you have the time can you please elaborate?

EDIT:
forgot my name

-Aaron Stricker
Old 17th September 2006
Viking

Prince realized that he couldn't win this duet/duel with MJ, artistically or other wi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonutarr View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_%28musician%29

Hi Bruce
This story is a bit vague for me, if you have the time can you please elaborate?

EDIT:
forgot my name

-Aaron Stricker
Aaron......

Isn't it terrible how the press just can't tell the whole story???

I was there for a couple of the meetings with Prince and Michael, Quincy and all. Personaly I think that after meeting with Michael, Quincy, Fredy DeMann and his team, Prince realized that he couldn't win this duet/duel with MJ, artistically or other wise... And pulled out... He left the building, so to speak...

As far as I am concerned. I want to say that I love Prince's music...

Bruce Swedien

Old 18th September 2006
Viking

Before Michael wrote the lyric for "BAD".....

Gearslutz All....

Before Michael wrote the lyric for "BAD", the working title for "BAD" was "PEE"...

Bruce
Old 21st September 2006
Gear addict

Thanks for the reply Bruce

Makes sense to me, the room would have been full to the top with talent, really no room for what I would call the most complete recording/performing artist in modern music.

thanks again
-Aaron
Old 28th September 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Swedien View Post
Gearslutz All....

Before Michael wrote the lyric for "BAD", the working title for "BAD" was "PEE"...

Bruce
Because I'm PEE, I'm PEE, Shamone... You know it. [repeat]
[BGV] Peee Peee Really Really Peee

It was a good idea to change it to BAD.
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search