The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Here's a recent photo.....
Old 4th September 2006
Viking

Here's a recent photo.....

Here's a recent photo, in my old studio(That doesn't exist anymore), of me and my Neve 1084's... They sound better than they look!!! They are my secret weapons for delicious vocal sounds!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Here's a recent photo.....-brucie-small-1084s.jpg  
Old 4th September 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Swedien View Post
Here's a recent photo, in my old studio(That doesn't exist anymore), of me and my Neve 1084's... They sound better than they look!!! They are my secret weapons for delicious vocal sounds!!!
Love the Heineken box!
Old 4th September 2006
Lives for gear

+1 for Heineken
+2 for the moustache

JR
Old 4th September 2006
Lives for gear

Yummy....
Old 4th September 2006
Lives for gear

+3 for the weird elephant thing on the Neve box
Old 5th September 2006
Lives for gear

+4 for the vikingship on the Neve PS!

ruudman
Old 5th September 2006

Hey Bruce, great picture...

Just out of curiousity what mics were you using last with those 1084's prior to the snapshot?
Old 5th September 2006
Lives for gear

You are the king of sound! Like stike you will and get behind in

You rock Bruce - regards the guys on teve 4 sweden!
Old 5th September 2006
Lives for gear

A Neve 1084, a pack of Heineken.. what else can I wish in this life?
Ok, Angeline Jolie.
Old 6th September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Swedien View Post
.... and my Neve 1084's... They sound better than they look!!! They are my secret weapons for delicious vocal sounds!!!
Bruce, what kind of power supply are you using? I hear there's quite some different in sound between different external power supplies.

Ha de fint !

Lindell
Old 7th September 2006
Viking

They sound great!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindell View Post
Bruce, what kind of power supply are you using? I hear there's quite some different in sound between different external power supplies.

Ha de fint !

Lindell
Lindell...

I had Brent Averill in Los Angeles build special power supplies for all my Neve Stuff. They sound great!!!

Brucie The Viking!!!

Old 18th September 2006
Gear addict

Cool Pic,....!!!

You're holding the last letter I wrote by hand. Weird,... I write little stuff like grocery lists a few times a week but everything else I do with my PC-Keyboard.

That really is months and months ago,..

Very funny to see the Heineken CD holder show up on this forum. Do you still use it?

Love Booshy(Boes) and Family
Old 19th September 2006
Dor
Lives for gear

Cool Wooden Rack

Hey Bruce, cool rack you have your 1084's in. Can you shed some light on the person/company you obtained that from?

Thanks,

Dor

Dorian McClintock
Old 19th September 2006
Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosh View Post
Cool Pic,....!!!

You're holding the last letter I wrote by hand. Weird,... I write little stuff like grocery lists a few times a week but everything else I do with my PC-Keyboard.

That really is months and months ago,..

Very funny to see the Heineken CD holder show up on this forum. Do you still use it?

Love Booshy(Boes) and Family
Booshi-Wooshi.....

My pal, my friend. Glad to have you here.

People of the Gearslutz... This guy Boosh, is the fantastic guy who gave me the Heineken CD holder box,(In that photo...) that I absolutely treasure!!! He has also sent me letters that I also treasure....

He is an excellent guitar player and composer and he has a TRUE home studio!!!

But do you know what I like best about my old pal Booshi-Wooshi... HE ABSOLUTELY LOVES MUSIC. BOOSH GOES DAILY BY MY MOTTO "MUSIC FIRST!" (Except for his beautiful little family! I can tell that Booshes family is "Really First" in his life.... And that's the way it should be...)

Bruce Swedien

Old 19th September 2006
500 series nutjob

+4
i love the elephant!
Old 22nd September 2006
BoW
Gear interested

Heerlijk helder Heineken

Hello,

.. very funny!

What about this:

I had a wonderful teacher during my studies in the Netherlands, called Gerald Hali. He was the former Head of Recording at EMI Classic, Netherlands, and gave us lessons in tape editing.

Gerald was one of a kind. He was about Bruces age and - like him - full of funny anecdotes and profound technical knowlage. I loved that man!!
His way of teaching was less by the book, but sharing his immense experience from the early days of Stereo up to modern recording. He had so much to tell and was eager to pass his wisdom to the young generation. This forum reminds me very much to him.

One day, we had to cut out about 50 clicks and other artifacts out of an advertising-jingle vor the Heineken brewery, that he has been recording in the early Sixties: "Heerlijk helder Heineken.. heerlijk (delicious, wonderful) helder (bright) Heineken.. heerlijk helder Heineken.. badu badu..." It was just gorgeous.

Gerald was super critical and some of my student-fellows were a bit put off, because they didn't see such a use in dealing with clumsy 1/4" tape while at the same time beeing able to record and edit "flawless" digitaly. But it wasn't about mere technique at all; Gerald wanted to 'open' ears for tiny nuances in the audio and in the musical flow, that ocur, when the cuts are not set really precise.

Well, I'm still very lucky and proud that I was able to take so much from his courses and I think the older generation of Recording-Professionals really deserves some credit. I've NEVER met a modern "electrical" engineer with a higher spirit towards the recording process, and his - off scedule - microphoneing tips still sound in my ears ("Take two B & K 4006 for Steinway.. here is how you do it.. Heeeerlijk!!").

I don't think, that this little story has anything to do with the subject and I hope it will not get 'censored'. But, due to that nice coincidence with Boosh's box, I felt simply I had to write this.

Boris Baargeld

Old 22nd September 2006
Viking

Brent Averill made the electronic stuff for that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dor View Post
Hey Bruce, cool rack you have your 1084's in. Can you shed some light on the person/company you obtained that from?

Thanks,

Dor

Dorian McClintock

Dor........

That is a solid Oak cabinet that the 1084's are in. I had that custom made by my Studio Furniture guy.

Brent Averill made the electronic stuff for that gorgeous package....

Bruce Swedien

Old 27th September 2006
Lives for gear

Nobody mentioned the Christmas lights....shame tutt

Pleasure to have you here Bruce, having the guest moderators here is a true privilege
Loading mentioned products ...
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search